Senior Regulatory Manager
Instacart, San Francisco, CA
Groceries and home essentials delivered from local stores in 1 hour
As Senior Regulatory Manager, you will work closely with internal clients in our product, policy, communications, CARE, and engineering teams to ensure company-wide compliance on regulated matters. You’ll need to be proactive, practical, and engaged, able to work well cross-functionally both internally and externally, excited about technology and e-commerce, and ready to roll your sleeves up and dig into complex regulatory requirements to reach a creative and pragmatic solution. Join us!
ABOUT THE JOB
- Provide regulatory leadership for programs in existing and emerging regulated product verticals, including alcohol compliance, pharmaceutical delivery, and various consumer protection issues.
- Work cross-functionally with various stakeholders to support and develop the regulatory compliance program.
- Manage and track regulatory requirements and support the legislative contact efforts in all 50 states.
- Work closely within the legal team, including litigation, privacy, intellectual property, and commercial.
- Create and support continuous improvements of forms, policies, and processes to help streamline, simplify, and automate support.
- Understand and stay up to date on applicable federal, state, and local laws, regulations, and industry standards related to regulated products with the ability to explain complex legal and regulatory issues in plain English.
- Think ahead, see around corners, and help to prepare for and minimize risks that may arise in the future.
- Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of 5 years of directly related professional experience (Regulatory)
- Sound and practical business judgment and ability to manage multiple, high priority, competing priorities and include appropriate stakeholders when necessary
- Familiarity with legal and regulatory issues affecting e-commerce and regulated products (such as alcohol compliance, pharmaceutical delivery, and weights and measures)
- Innate curiosity, desire and ability to learn rapidly
- Resiliency and comfort serving as a trusted business partner
- Experience and understanding of technology development, the gig economy, and/or the retail industry
- Quick adopter of new and evolving technology
- A team player with a sense of humor and self awareness
You can choose from a variety of local stores including Whole Foods, Safeway, Costco, Mariano's and many more, as well as being able to mix items from multiple stores into one order. Every day, we solve incredibly hard problems to create an experience for our customers that is nothing short of magical.
Want to learn more about Instacart? Visit Instacart's website.
Slack's cloud-based collaboration tools and services are used worldwide.