Director of Engineering, Growth
Instacart, San Francisco, CA
Groceries and home essentials delivered from local stores in 1 hour
Instacart is looking for an accomplished Engineering Leader with a strong background in organic growth and paid marketing. In this position, you will work closely with executives, engineering, product, and marketing leadership on Instacart’s consumer growth model, by finding repeatable and scalable ways to improve the growth funnel. Building teams to scale the systems and speed at which we test and measure the various ways we grow.
ABOUT THE JOB
- You will build and manage full-stack engineering teams and guide the development of features and infrastructure.
- You will work with cross functional team to help customers discover the value of our product and service through different life cycles.
- You will help prioritize work for your team, making difficult tradeoffs on design based on business constraints, ensuring on-time deliverables and high-quality software.
- You will set ambitious goals with your team and challenge them to deliver their best work.
- You will provide thought leadership in a fast evolving business environment.
- You will provide hands-on technical management, guidance, and support including system/design/code review, and ultimately be responsible for the health of the systems your teams build.
- You will participate in recruiting, interviewing, hiring decisions, on-boarding, and mentoring of new engineers and managers with the goal of quickly making them productive members of your team.
- You will help team members grow as technical contributors and members of Instacart community
- You will develop a team culture of curiosity, impact, ownership that reinforces the core values of Instacart!
- 5+ years of experience managing a teams of engineering managers and software engineers
- Proven track record of building and scaling highly impactful engineering teams.
- Have personally recruited and managed some of the best engineering managers and senior engineers in your organization.
- Strong ability to work well cross functionally, and balance business needs, a sense of urgency, and shipping high quality and pragmatic solutions
- Strong analytical skills, a sense of ownership, and a mindset of curiosity and continuous learning
- Strong ability to approach problems from first principles and solve problems at different levels of abstraction
You can choose from a variety of local stores including Whole Foods, Safeway, Costco, Mariano's and many more, as well as being able to mix items from multiple stores into one order. Every day, we solve incredibly hard problems to create an experience for our customers that is nothing short of magical.
Want to learn more about Instacart? Visit Instacart's website.
Payroll Services. Benefits. Compliance.