Manager, Product Operations - Shopper
Instacart, San Francisco, CA
Groceries and home essentials delivered from local stores in 1 hour
As a Manager on the Care Product Operations team, you will lead product operations managers and product operations analysts responsible for coordinating product launches, driving feedback loops, and creating processes and tools that allow us to scale. You will also be responsible for setting the Shopper strategy for the Product Operations team, in close partnership with the Director of Product Operations and cross functional partners across the business.
In this role, you’ll coach and develop your team, help influence Product strategy, prioritize projects and establish best practices. You’ll also stay close to the work by directly owning relationships with one or two product managers within your domain.
ABOUT THE JOB
- Set goals, prioritize high-impact initiatives, lead and develop a team of product operations managers and analysts in supporting our Shopper product organization
- Track and regularly report on success metrics to measure your team’s performance and effectiveness in meeting goals
- Develop operational playbooks and best practices to implement product strategy and manage complex projects
- Establish, drive and continuously improve Product Operations processes to ensure our customers, shoppers, and Care operations teams are informed of and well-prepared for product-driven changes
- Create best practices to ensure consumer insights and data-driven recommendations are regularly cultivated and shared with key business partners in product, operations, business operations, and Care
- Effectively present insights and influence outcomes with key stakeholders at all levels to support meaningful impact to Instacart’s business (e.g., Product, Business Development, Operations, Engineering, Legal, Executives and other cross-functional teams)
- Develop relationships with and maintain regular communications with key stakeholders throughout the organization
- Build a culture of trust, collaboration and commitment to excellence
- Be prepared to directly manage large projects and coordinate across stakeholders as needed to ensure the right resourcing, execution and communications are in place to deliver results
- BA/BS degree with 7+ years of product operations, product management, business consulting, finance, or similar analytical roles; advanced degree preferred
- 5+ years of cross-functional project management and leadership experience, ideally in a consumer technology
- 2+ years of direct people management experience in a fast-paced, agile environment
- Ability to leverage data to inform and support critical decisions with 2+ years of experience of SQL and querying skills (experience working in and with Customer Support data is a plus)
- Excellent communication and presentation skills; a track record of successful engagement of both internal and external stakeholders
- Previous experience working with and impacting user experience
- Demonstrated ability to effectively identify, prioritize, and handle multiple work streams simultaneously in a dynamic and rapidly-changing environment
- Ability to foster collaboration and facilitate teamwork
- Highly motivated self-starter with a desire to grow and learn
You can choose from a variety of local stores including Whole Foods, Safeway, Costco, Mariano's and many more, as well as being able to mix items from multiple stores into one order. Every day, we solve incredibly hard problems to create an experience for our customers that is nothing short of magical.
Want to learn more about Instacart? Visit Instacart's website.
Great Prices. Better Cars. Shipped to You.