Regional Policy Manager, South
Instacart, Atlanta, GA
Groceries and home essentials delivered from local stores in 1 hour
Instacart’s Policy & Government Affairs department advocates for public policy outcomes that support the long-term growth of our business and the success of our key stakeholders. We build trust with government policymakers, helping them understand our business and its positive impact on their communities. We help to shape complex, cutting-edge public policy debates that will define the future of work and e-commerce. We engage a diverse coalition of stakeholders and communities to build effective advocacy campaigns that advance our public policy goals. We help the company see around corners to anticipate and adjust to rapidly evolving political and regulatory landscapes.
The Regional Policy Manager, South will lead Instacart’s state and local government affairs in the southern United States, overseeing our engagement with state and local elected officials and other key stakeholders. This position will be located in Atlanta.
ABOUT THE JOB
- Build relationships with key policymakers and other influential state and local government-oriented stakeholders
- Educate southern state and local policymakers on the value of Instacart’s business to their constituents and the ecommerce landscape
- Craft and execute legislative, regulatory and political strategies to achieve state and local policy goals
- Prepare for relevant hearings and state and local regulatory proceedings
- Represent Instacart in southern regional trade associations and industry coalitions
- Build third party political, advocacy and industry allies to support strategic policy objectives
- Collaborate with Policy Research and Development team to create state and local policy solutions
- Work with Public Engagement team to build comprehensive state and local advocacy campaigns for key legislative priorities
- Monitor legislation and regulatory matters and advise the company with respect to policy challenges
- Manage external consultants to help execute public policy strategies
- You have 7+ years of state or local government, policy or corporate government relations experience
- You have established policymaker relationships and you confidently interact with elected officials and executives alike
- You have a deep understanding of state and local lawmaking and regulatory processes
- You are a strategic thinker with polished oral and written presentation skills
- You thrive under pressure and can balance long and short-term priorities to deliver results
- You are resourceful and entrepreneurial with a bias towards action
- You are willing to travel frequently
- Expertise in labor/workforce, ecommerce or tech policy preferred
You can choose from a variety of local stores including Whole Foods, Safeway, Costco, Mariano's and many more, as well as being able to mix items from multiple stores into one order. Every day, we solve incredibly hard problems to create an experience for our customers that is nothing short of magical.
Want to learn more about Instacart? Visit Instacart's website.
Slack's cloud-based collaboration tools and services are used worldwide.
Jobs You May Like
Senior Salesforce Administrator
DoorDash, San Francisco, CA, Mountain View, CA, Phoenix, AZ or Seat...