Product Manager, Matching and Dispatch (Senior - Principal)
Instacart, San Francisco, CA - Remote, US Based
Groceries and home essentials delivered from local stores in 1 hour
We're transforming the grocery industry
Instacart is the North American leader in online grocery and one of the fastest-growing companies in e-commerce. Since 2012, we’ve been working towards creating a world where everyone has access to the food they love and more time to enjoy it together.
Groceries delivered to your door in as little as an hour. It seems simple, right? Well, it’s more complex than that. From re-routing deliveries during snowstorms, to connecting customers with coupons and deals for their favorite brands, to updating over half a billion grocery data lines every night...our efforts bring Instacart closer to being the operating system for the grocery industry.
Solving these problems is what helps our customers get back time in their day, so they can do more of what they love.
Introducing Our Hybrid Working Model
As the future of work evolves, so do we. We have a hybrid model where our roles are open to in-office, flex, or remote work. Learn more about our flexible approach to where we work.
Accommodations & Accessibility
At Instacart, we strive to create an accessible and inclusive experience for all candidates. If you need assistance submitting an application through our career site due to a disability or special need, please submit a request via our Accommodations Team and we will reach out soon to see how we may be able to assist.
Every year, people across the world spend nearly one trillion dollars on groceries. It’s an industry that’s been around for centuries. Food itself, however, has been a constant in people’s lives since the beginning of time. Yes, sustenance is crucial, but it’s also much more than that. Food can be a part of a daily ritual or a special moment that resonates with people on a meaningful and emotional level. It provides a much-needed break in a long day, a taste that brings back memories, a creative experiment, a shared meal with loved ones, or even comfort during a hard time. Whether it’s a special occasion or an everyday occurrence, it should always be easy for people to get the ingredients they need.
The Instacart Product Team is dedicated to making grocery shopping effortless for everyone. By helping take care of the shopping, we help people get good food and give them back time, so they can do what matters most to them. We’re finding solutions to large-scale challenges that will forever change the way people feed themselves and their loved ones.
ABOUT THE JOB
As a Senior Product Manager, your job will be focused on building and implementing matching and dispatch solutions that balance marketplace efficiency and fulfillment quality. This individual will work in collaboration with engineering, machine learning, data science, and cross functional teams across the company, to deliver solutions that ensure every unit of work is offered to the shopper best suited to deliver the highest quality of fulfillment. The role demands a mix of analytical prowess, critical thinking, and technical depth. In this role, you will:
- Lead a cross-functional team of engineering, machine learning, data science, operations, marketing, and more
- Drive product definition, strategy, and long term vision for Matching and Dispatch that balances marketplace efficiency and fulfillment quality
- Work across product, engineering and cross functional teams to build a roadmap and execute against that vision
- Work closely with Engineering, Machine Learning and Data Science teams to build, experiment, iterate and launch product features and optimization models that can ensure the highest quality of fulfillment
- Communicate product plans, launches and results to a wide range of internal stakeholders, including Executives, Policy, Marketing, Finance and Operations teams
- 4+ years in Product Management at a technology company, ideally working on marketplace matching or real time dispatch problems
- Experience building high performance, real time data driven, machine learning products at scale
- Experience delivering impact backed by data in a dynamic marketplace setting
- Superior data and analytical skills including the ability to define and unpack multiple inter-related metrics
- Experience influencing the Executive Team members on key strategy and cross-functional initiatives
- Masters’ or advanced degrees, ideally in a technical or quantitative discipline. Data Science/Engineering background a plus
You can choose from a variety of local stores including Whole Foods, Safeway, Costco, Mariano's and many more, as well as being able to mix items from multiple stores into one order. Every day, we solve incredibly hard problems to create an experience for our customers that is nothing short of magical.
Want to learn more about Instacart? Visit Instacart's website.
Innovative, fast-paced, challenging.. we're everything you want in a workplace.