Product Operations Manager
Instacart, San Francisco, CA - Remote
Groceries and home essentials delivered from local stores in 1 hour
We're transforming the grocery industry
Instacart is the North American leader in online grocery and one of the fastest-growing companies in e-commerce. Since 2012, we’ve been working towards creating a world where everyone has access to the food they love and more time to enjoy it together.
Groceries delivered to your door in as little as an hour. It seems simple, right? Well, it’s more complex than that. From re-routing deliveries during snowstorms, to connecting customers with coupons and deals for their favorite brands, to updating over half a billion grocery data lines every night...our efforts bring Instacart closer to being the operating system for the grocery industry.
The Product Operations Manager will work cross functionally to own change management being driven by product, drive the feedback loops to support continuous improvement, and be the voice of Care which includes our customers, shoppers, and retailers.
Additionally, the role will gain a deep understanding of the operational areas that they work closely with to ensure the product organization understands and supports both business and Customer needs.
ABOUT THE JOB
- Establish, drive and continuously improve processes that ensure our customers, shoppers, support, and Care operations teams are informed of and well-prepared for product-driven changes
- Develop operational playbooks to implement product strategy and manage complex projects through execution to excellence
- Ensure functional stakeholders are aligned on key objectives for product changes
- Advise product teams on feasibility of initiatives throughout the entire product lifecycle
- Create feedback channels that ensure problem areas are identified during testing and launch
- Identify and track success metrics to measure project performance related to product changes
- Deeply understanding trends in Customer contacts and translate findings into actionable insights for product teams
- Make recommendations rooted in data to support the continuous improvement of the customer experience within your product domains
- Develop relationships with and maintain regular communications with key stakeholders throughout the organization
- Effectively present insights and influence outcomes with key stakeholders at all levels to support meaningful impact to Instacart’s business (e.g., Product, Operations, Engineering, Legal, Executives and other cross-functional teams)
- Be the voice of our community during product development and performance tracking
- BA/BS degree with 7+ years of operations strategy, product management, business consulting, finance, or similar analytical roles
- 5+ years of cross-functional project management and leadership experience
- Excellent communication and presentation skills; a track record of successful engagement of both internal and external stakeholders
- Ability to leverage data to inform and support critical decisions with 2+ years of experience of SQL and advanced querying skills
- Previous experience working with and impacting user experience
- Power user status in Microsoft Excel/Powerpoint or Google Sheets/Slides
- Demonstrated ability to effectively identify, prioritize, and handle multiple work streams simultaneously in a dynamic and rapidly-changing environment
- Experience with and strong ability to formulate and present analyses and business cases to both technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Ability to foster collaboration and facilitate teamwork
Highly motivated self-starter with a desire to grow and learn
- Prior experience working in and with Customer Support data is a huge plus
- Experience working at a consumer technology company highly desirable
Accommodations & Accessibility
At Instacart, we strive to create an accessible and inclusive experience for all candidates. If you need assistance submitting an application through our career site due to a disability, please submit an Accommodations Request Form and someone from our team will reach out soon to see how we may be able to assist.
You can choose from a variety of local stores including Whole Foods, Safeway, Costco, Mariano's and many more, as well as being able to mix items from multiple stores into one order. Every day, we solve incredibly hard problems to create an experience for our customers that is nothing short of magical.
Want to learn more about Instacart? Visit Instacart's website.
Minimalist makeup and skincare