Global Payroll Administrator
Instacart, San Francisco, CA
Groceries and home essentials delivered from local stores in 1 hour
We're transforming the grocery industry
Instacart is the North American leader in online grocery and one of the fastest-growing companies in e-commerce. Since 2012, we’ve been working towards creating a world where everyone has access to the food they love and more time to enjoy it together.
Groceries delivered to your door in as little as an hour. It seems simple, right? Well, it’s more complex than that. From re-routing deliveries during snowstorms, to connecting customers with coupons and deals for their favorite brands, to updating over half a billion grocery data lines every night...our efforts bring Instacart closer to being the operating system for the grocery industry.
The Global Payroll Administrator is responsible for processing payroll at an international scale, including, but not limited to, the US, Canada, Australia in a rapidly changing, high-growth environment. This role will require a strong understanding of global payroll processing operations and systems, compliance requirements from country to local level, and company payroll policies and procedures.
ABOUT THE JOB
- Process payroll at global scale, including, but not limited to US and Canada, multi-country experience preferred.
- Performing various audits to ensure accurate payments every cycle.
- Reconciliation of payroll(s) between the numerous systems they flow through, including Workday, OneSource Virtual, and various ADP products.
- Review and auditing of all payrolls
- Review and completion of OnDemand payments
- Leading team stand-ups on established cadence to discuss payroll and project status updates related to various locations.
- Managing processes and relationships with various international payroll vendors to ensure accurate and timely completion of payroll and reporting requirements.
- Zendesk Monitoring and answering/escalations from team members related to areas of ownership and expertise.
- Compliance reporting and auditing for payroll tax related items at jurisdictional required cadence, including year-end preparation.
- Build strong partnerships with internal and cross-functional teams to ensure completeness, accuracy and compliance.
- Be able to work closely with HR on maintaining accurate data in multiple systems
- Liaison between International Agencies and Instacart
- Ensure all payroll information and records are maintained in accordance with statutory requirements.
- Participates during internal and external audits.
- Assistant with system configurations, test and implementation between ADP and Workday.
- Assist with internal/external Payroll and Benefits audits and compliance reporting including, but not limited to, country specific pension/retirement plans.
- Assist review quarterly and annual payroll tax filings; ensure all local statutory payroll and fringe benefit reporting requirements are met;
- Perform other payroll duties as assigned.
- Minimum 3-5 years payroll processing experience with recent experience at a global scale required (recent hands on experience with payroll processing in multiple countries outside of the U.S. is a major plus)
- Familiar and comfortable with multi-state payroll processing. Strong knowledge of state and federal wage and state tax laws and overtime requirements
- Strong team player with the ability to effectively communicate and share tasks with teammates
- Must be proactive and a self-starter with the ability to take initiative to solve problems
- High-level understanding of systems and how they interface
- Strong interpersonal, organizational, oral and written communication skills required
- Detail-oriented, strong analytical skills, ability to detect inconsistencies in data, and ability to work with minimal supervision
- Ability to work reliably and efficiently under demanding deadlines
- Intermediate to Advanced Excel skills – ability to perform vlookup, sumif(s) and build pivot tables required
- Understanding and comprehension of the principles of work coordination and planning
- Ability to easily learn new systems
- Experience using GSuite- Google Docs, Google Sheets, Google Forms, etc.
- Maintain confidential information when required by legal or ethical standards and professionalism to ensure privacy of employee records
- Experience with local labor and tax compliance requirements is preferred
- Excellent organizational skills, including the ability to manage effectively numerous concurrent projects and tasks in a fast-paced, high volume, and rapidly growing environment
- Hands-on experience with different Payroll, Time and Attendance, Human Resources Information Systems, and Payroll Service Providers preferred
- Excellent analytical and decision-making abilities
- Highly analytical with a working knowledge of general payroll protocols
Accommodations & Accessibility
At Instacart, we strive to create an accessible and inclusive experience for all candidates. If you need assistance submitting an application through our career site due to a disability, please submit an Accommodations Request Form and someone from our team will reach out soon to see how we may be able to assist.
You can choose from a variety of local stores including Whole Foods, Safeway, Costco, Mariano's and many more, as well as being able to mix items from multiple stores into one order. Every day, we solve incredibly hard problems to create an experience for our customers that is nothing short of magical.
Want to learn more about Instacart? Visit Instacart's website.
Reddit is an American social news aggregation, web content rating, and discussion website.