Instacart, Albany, NY
Groceries and home essentials delivered from local stores in 1 hour
We're transforming the grocery industry
Instacart is the North American leader in online grocery and one of the fastest-growing companies in e-commerce. Since 2012, we’ve been working towards creating a world where everyone has access to the food they love and more time to enjoy it together.
Groceries delivered to your door in as little as an hour. It seems simple, right? Well, it’s more complex than that. From re-routing deliveries during snowstorms, to connecting customers with coupons and deals for their favorite brands, to updating over half a billion grocery data lines every night...our efforts bring Instacart closer to being the operating system for the grocery industry.
Instacart Shift Leads are responsible for driving Instacart’s success inside the stores of our retail partners. In this role, you will exercise autonomy and use your owner-mindset to coach a team of in-store shoppers, maintain and improve in-store operations, optimizing for efficiency. You will manage day-to-day and on-the-ground operations in partnership with Operations Leadership, with a goal of delivering high-quality orders to customers in the most efficient way possible. If you are looking for a fast-paced, people-oriented, challenging and exciting place to grow your career, this is the place for you.
ABOUT THE JOB
- Onboard new shoppers and provide continuous structured guidance and support to in-store shopper team—including actionable feedback for improvement—to help them achieve individual performance goals.
- Become the expert and go-to-resource on the Instacart in-store shopping process and store layout
- Utilize existing resources, tools, and team members to quickly identify and solve any shopper, customer, or retailer issues
- Build morale in-store and foster a collaborative, team-oriented work environment
- Ensure orders are fulfilled accurately and to the highest standard of quality
- Maintain in-store equipment and staging areas and proactively troubleshoot any issues with service and repair vendors
- Maintain a comfortable in-store environment so that our shoppers can focus on their work
- Enforce policies and handling in-store shopper violations and partner with local Operations Team to ensure personnel issues are escalated properly
- Brainstorm new process improvements that will enhance the in-store shopping and customer experience
Exemplify the highest standards of professionalism and integrity to promote the culture, values, and mission of Instacart
- You have interpersonal and communication, organization, planning, and prioritization skills
- You possess a mindset of resilience and perseverance
- You have experience and comfort with using metrics and dashboards to make decisions
- You have demonstrated poise when navigating critical conversations with peers, retailer partners, and in-store shoppers
- You have experience working with diverse teams
- You possess strong motivational and leadership skills
- You are comfortable with challenging the status quo and being proactive in developing improvements to the in-store shopping and customer experience
- You can be flexible: Shift Leads are required to report into one store; however, based on geographic locations, this might be subject to change
- You have access to reliable transportation as Shift Leads may be required to travel between stores
- You are able to deliver customer service that exceeds customer needs
- You have consistent access to and be able to effectively use a recent smartphone (iPhone 5 / Android 4.4 or newer)
- You must be able to do the following with or without reasonable accommodation:
- Lift up to 50 lbs regularly throughout shift
- Remain standing or walking, including up and down stairs, during shift
- You are able to consistently and reliably work 30-40 hours a week
- You are able to work regularly on weekends, including Sundays
Accommodations & Accessibility
At Instacart, we strive to create an accessible and inclusive experience for all candidates. If you need assistance submitting an application through our career site due to a disability, please submit an Accommodations Request Form and someone from our team will reach out soon to see how we may be able to assist.
You can choose from a variety of local stores including Whole Foods, Safeway, Costco, Mariano's and many more, as well as being able to mix items from multiple stores into one order. Every day, we solve incredibly hard problems to create an experience for our customers that is nothing short of magical.
Want to learn more about Instacart? Visit Instacart's website.
Lyft is your friend with a car, whenever you need one
Tech Jobs For You
Customer Service Advisor (German Speaker) Tripadvisor Rentals
TripAdvisor, Oxford, England, United Kingdom