Software Engineer, Systems Framework
Instacart, San Francisco, CA - Remote
Groceries and home essentials delivered from local stores in 1 hour
We're transforming the grocery industry
Instacart is the North American leader in online grocery and one of the fastest-growing companies in e-commerce. Since 2012, we’ve been working towards creating a world where everyone has access to the food they love and more time to enjoy it together.
Groceries delivered to your door in as little as an hour. It seems simple, right? Well, it’s more complex than that. From re-routing deliveries during snowstorms, to connecting customers with coupons and deals for their favorite brands, to updating over half a billion grocery data lines every night...our efforts bring Instacart closer to being the operating system for the grocery industry.
As a cloud-native startup, Instacart continues to grow at a record pace. Both as a product and a company the rapid evolution and problem solving requires passionate and professional software engineers focused on the infrastructure. The platform team solves the challenges of this growth by introducing new technologies and architecture, and building a layer of systems and frameworks on top of the new infrastructure to allow safe, effective use by the applications team. We build the pieces that power the highest-scale, most modern pieces of Instacart’s products.
ABOUT THE JOB
- Build libraries, frameworks, and services to guide access to complex infrastructure
- Work in partnership with application engineers to understand their needs and create tailored solutions
- Research and deeply understand capabilities and limitations of storage, caching, messaging/queueing, scheduling, and other technologies
- Create debuggable, observable systems with an eye towards excellent operational use
- Mentor less experienced engineers
- 2+ years experience
- You have particular expertise in one or more of asynchronous processing, service discovery, storage and caching, security, or service-oriented architectures.
- You have a customer focus. You are attentive to the needs of your application engineering partners and design solutions that fit their requirements
- You are experienced and professional enough to manage your time, deflect distractions when necessary and drive projects to completion
- You care about other people enough that you are thoughtful about what you say and open to feedback from others
- Degree in Computer Science or related field
Accommodations & Accessibility
At Instacart, we strive to create an accessible and inclusive experience for all candidates. If you need assistance submitting an application through our career site due to a disability, please submit an Accommodations Request Form and someone from our team will reach out soon to see how we may be able to assist.
You can choose from a variety of local stores including Whole Foods, Safeway, Costco, Mariano's and many more, as well as being able to mix items from multiple stores into one order. Every day, we solve incredibly hard problems to create an experience for our customers that is nothing short of magical.
Want to learn more about Instacart? Visit Instacart's website.
Slack's cloud-based collaboration tools and services are used worldwide.