Senior Analyst, Tax Controversy
Instacart, San Francisco, CA
Groceries and home essentials delivered from local stores in 1 hour
We're transforming the grocery industry
Instacart is the North American leader in online grocery and one of the fastest-growing companies in e-commerce. Since 2012, we’ve been working towards creating a world where everyone has access to the food they love and more time to enjoy it together.
Groceries delivered to your door in as little as an hour. It seems simple, right? Well, it’s more complex than that. From re-routing deliveries during snowstorms, to connecting customers with coupons and deals for their favorite brands, to updating over half a billion grocery data lines every night...our efforts bring Instacart closer to being the operating system for the grocery industry.
It's an exciting time to join our dynamic Tax team and be a part of the amazing growth the Company is experiencing! We are seeking a Senior Analyst, Tax Controversy to join our team and help support our audit program. The candidate will play a central role in the buildout of Instacart’s audit program and should expect to collaborate with multiple teams in a fast-paced environment.
ABOUT THE JOB
- Assist with indirect tax audits including preparing for discussions with auditors, external advisors, and reviewing audit requests and related documentation
- Ability to review state tax legislation and other related guidance and summarize in a concise manner
- Perform tax research and ASC 450 reviews
- Ability to analyze large datasets and draft IDR responses
- Identify and assist with the implementation of process enhancements to correct issues stemming from audits or other diligence
- Collaborate with with internal stakeholders and the broader tax team
- Collaborate with external advisors to develop and implement audit strategies and prepare responses to audit requests
- Work with team members in a collaborative environment to facilitate closing of audits
- Assist with developing the indirect tax audit program
- 4+ years of experience performing tax research and a deep understanding of US indirect tax laws including state marketplace facilitator legislation
- Basic understanding of Vertex
- Ability to perform in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent writing, communication, and research skills
- Ability to work with different verticals
- B.S. degree; CPA or JD (JD equivalent) required. MST or Tax LLM is a plus
Accommodations & Accessibility
At Instacart, we strive to create an accessible and inclusive experience for all candidates. If you need assistance submitting an application through our career site due to a disability, please submit an Accommodations Request Form and someone from our team will reach out soon to see how we may be able to assist.
You can choose from a variety of local stores including Whole Foods, Safeway, Costco, Mariano's and many more, as well as being able to mix items from multiple stores into one order. Every day, we solve incredibly hard problems to create an experience for our customers that is nothing short of magical.
Want to learn more about Instacart? Visit Instacart's website.
High-quality tools for hosting, sharing, and streaming videos