Account Executive, New Partnerships
Instacart, Chicago, IL - Remote
Groceries and home essentials delivered from local stores in 1 hour
We're transforming the grocery industry
Instacart is the North American leader in online grocery and one of the fastest-growing companies in e-commerce. Since 2012, we’ve been working towards creating a world where everyone has access to the food they love and more time to enjoy it together.
Groceries delivered to your door in as little as an hour. It seems simple, right? Well, it’s more complex than that. From re-routing deliveries during snowstorms, to connecting customers with coupons and deals for their favorite brands, to updating over half a billion grocery data lines every night...our efforts bring Instacart closer to being the operating system for the grocery industry.
As we continue our fast growth, we are looking to add to our Business Development team. We are hiring an Account Executive for our New Partnerships (non-grocery) business to run select retailer relationships. In this role, you will have responsibilities including, but not limited to, create a detailed strategic plan for your retailer, manage external and internal stakeholders, drive key business insights, implement new operational processes and manage client needs.
ABOUT THE JOB
- Own senior-level executive relationships at retail partners; build relationships in partners’ organizations
- Achieve key performance indicators and business goals for your retailer(s)
- Negotiate agreements with retail partners
- Collaborate with senior management on developing strategic plans to meet retail partners’ needs and grow their business on Instacart
- Establish a deep understanding of Instacart's business operations, including internal processes, functional group strategies, and competitive context
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to guide implementation of strategic plans and accomplish goals on tight deadlines
- Perform data analysis to drive key business insights, scalable growth strategies, and detailed execution plans
- Engage, educate, collaborate, and problem solve with external partners at all levels of the organization
- 7+ years previous experience; MBA preferred, but not required
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to distill complex issues
- Experience with large data sets and ability to extract business insights from analysis (Experience in SQL, Tableau preferred)
- Comfort with ambiguity and a rapidly evolving business landscape
- Solid stakeholder management skills, both for internal and external stakeholders
- Quick communication response times
- Ability to manage across functions and present to leadership
- Creative problem-solver
- Positive, energetic, and influential relationship builder
- Some travel required
Accommodations & Accessibility
At Instacart, we strive to create an accessible and inclusive experience for all candidates. If you need assistance submitting an application through our career site due to a disability, please submit an Accommodations Request Form and someone from our team will reach out soon to see how we may be able to assist.
You can choose from a variety of local stores including Whole Foods, Safeway, Costco, Mariano's and many more, as well as being able to mix items from multiple stores into one order. Every day, we solve incredibly hard problems to create an experience for our customers that is nothing short of magical.
Want to learn more about Instacart? Visit Instacart's website.
Payroll Services. Benefits. Compliance.