Financial Transformation Senior Analyst
Groceries and home essentials delivered from local stores in 1 hour
We're transforming the grocery industry
At Instacart, we invite the world to share love through food because we believe everyone should have access to the food they love and more time to enjoy it together. Where others see a simple need for grocery delivery, we see exciting complexity and endless opportunity to serve the varied needs of our community. We work to deliver an essential service that customers rely on to get their groceries and household goods, while also offering safe and flexible earnings opportunities to Instacart Personal Shoppers.
Instacart has become a lifeline for millions of people, and we’re building the team to help push our shopping cart forward. If you’re ready to do the best work of your life, come join our table.
Instacart is a Flex First team
There’s no one-size fits all approach to how we do our best work. Our employees have the flexibility to choose where they do their best work—whether it’s from home, an office, or your favorite coffee shop—while staying connected and building community through regular in-person events. Learn more about our flexible approach to where we work.
We are looking for a detail-oriented, influential, and analytical leader to help us achieve our operational and financial goals while supporting our company values. You will join a fast-paced Accounting and Finance team to drive critical business objectives, partner on organization level initiatives, and deliver transformation and improvement to finance and accounting processes.
This role reports to Sr. Transformation Manager and will be vital in establishing the Financial Transformation team. The Financial Transformation team sits under Finsys (Financial Systems & Solutions), which supports Systems, Data and Strategy for Finance and Accounting operations and projects. This role will play a significant part in representing Finance and Accounting cross-functionally across Instacart. This role will partner with Engineering, Business Development, Legal, People Ops, and various other business partners as a thought leader, being a driver of high impact Finance initiatives. The ideal candidate should have experience working in a fast-paced, high-growth technology/platform company.
ABOUT THE JOB
- Strategically design and drive projects and programs that improve business processes, use of technology, and data flow within Instacart Finance and Accounting.
- Perform analysis of existing processes and provide strategic recommendations for operational improvement and a path to execution.
- Advise and unblock other project team members such as project managers, business system analysts and cross-functional partners.
- Participate in system implementation, integration, and change management initiatives.
- Work closely with data teams such as Analytics and DE to help solve for and execute root cause analysis for operational inefficiencies in the data flow.
- Partner with others across Accounting to work on complex, high priority work streams.
- Utilize understanding of critical business processes including Record-to-Report, Procure-to-Pay, and Quote-to-Cash to support transformation efforts.
- Build strong relationships and leverage partnerships to execute projects, get stakeholder buy-in and stay connected to business needs.
- Support change management by working with the Sr. Financial Transformation Mgr on designing programs centered around preparing for large-scale change such as transformation projects, automation, tool implementation.
- Establish and coordinate engagement with 3rd party vendors, consultants, and other external partners to support key initiatives.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance; MBA is a bonus
- Minimum 4-5 years of experience working in Finance and/or Accounting function
- Has 2-3 years analyzing Financial Transformation projects in a high-growth platform technology (or similar)
- Proven problem solving and analytical thinking and ability to approach problems logically and systematically.
- Experience working on data-related projects including data management, integration, migration, analysis and other needs.
- Financial systems experience (Oracle or similar ERP, SFDC, Coupa, etc)
- Strong understanding of Finance and Accounting concepts such as Order to Cash, Procure to Pay, and Record to Report preferred
- Proven analytical and problem-solving skills with an ability to make complex business concepts easily digestible
- Comfort expressing a point of view and taking risks
- Entrepreneurial spirit and creative mindset
- Passion for insights and knowledge
- Strong written and verbal communication
Accommodations & Accessibility
At Instacart, we strive to create an accessible and inclusive experience for all candidates. If you need assistance submitting an application through our career site due to a disability, please submit an Accommodations Request Form and someone from our team will reach out soon to see how we may be able to assist.
You can choose from a variety of local stores including Whole Foods, Safeway, Costco, Mariano's and many more, as well as being able to mix items from multiple stores into one order. Every day, we solve incredibly hard problems to create an experience for our customers that is nothing short of magical.
Want to learn more about Instacart? Visit Instacart's website.
Slack's cloud-based collaboration tools and services are used worldwide.
Tech Jobs For You
Life Sciences Commercial Market Integration Senior Manager - N...
Accenture, Multiple Locations, USA