Instacart, San Francisco
Groceries and home essentials delivered from local stores in 1 hour
Every few years, a company emerges and transforms an industry. Instacart has been leading the evolution of a $800B retail market, and redefining how people shop for groceries. In a few short years we've launched same-day delivery in nearly 200 major US markets, provided flexible work to tens of thousands of Personal Shoppers on our platform, and have sold and delivered more than $1B in grocery products.
What you’ll be doing...
The Director of Compensation will shape and influence Instacart’s compensation strategy. This role will design and lead Instacart’s approach to compensation and be responsible for all aspects of Instacart’s compensation programs and processes to ensure excellent execution of processes and thoughtful, data-driven decision making. This role reports to the VP of HR.
- Serve as subject matter expert on compensation and equity to design and model programs to meet Instacart’s culture and needs; introduce innovative solutions to enhance internal program
- Own compensation cycles and benchmarking as an end-to-end process from drafting communications, to updating survey data and working with Recruiting and Business Partners to iterate on compensation grids, bands and levels
- Work closely with the executive team to influence the evolution of Instacart’s compensation philosophy and programs
- Provide comp consulting to client groups to meet business needs
- Create and conduct training materials and guidance for Recruiting, Business Partners and managers
- Design, develop and maintain job architecture structures for the company using Workday tool
- Build and improve compensation systems in Workday to ensure ease of use and accuracy.
- Partner with Finance to track annual compensation spend and trends
- Conduct fair pay analysis in collaboration with Data Analytics and Legal
- Oversee process for and collaborate with Legal for evaluation of exemption status
We rely on our values to guide our decisions: Solve for the Customer, Every Minute Counts, This is Your Baby, Go Far, Together and Of Course, But Maybe. What does this mean for your role?
We are looking for someone with:
- 8+ years of experience managing compensation programs and processes at public and private companies
- 5+ years experience leading equity-based compensation programs from options to RSUs
- 2+ years experience with building compensation processes in Workday
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with all levels of the organization, including distilling complex topics into digestible formats
- Ability to communicate with and influence employees at all levels of the organization
- Ability to think outside the box and design programs unique to Instacart
- A strong understanding of compensation best practices, current compensation trends, and survey data
- Data-driven mindset who values working closely with decision makers
- Ability to analyze and problem-solve holistically by looking at multiple data sets including survey, attrition and retention
- Proven analytical skills and keen eye for detail. Possesses in-depth knowledge of Excel including building and maintaining complex models
- A deep commitment to customer service, empathy, and discretion
- Experience at high-growth, pre-IPO tech company
- Experience working with large non-exempt workforce
- Talented and collaborative coworkers who will both challenge and support you
- Market competitive salary, equity
- Medical, dental, vision benefits and 401(k) retirement plan
- 16 weeks maternity leave / 8 weeks paternity leave
- Complimentary Instacart Express membership
You can choose from a variety of local stores including Whole Foods, Safeway, Costco, Mariano's and many more, as well as being able to mix items from multiple stores into one order. Every day, we solve incredibly hard problems to create an experience for our customers that is nothing short of magical.
Want to learn more about Instacart? Visit Instacart's website.
Jobs You May Like
Talent Acquisition Specialist
Exiger, London, UK
Front Lines Lead
General Assembly, Austin
Games Publishing Intern
Rooster Teeth, Austin, TX
Montessori Primary Head Teacher - English, Spanish & Mandarin Immersion
LePort Montessori, Orange County, CA • Lomita, CA (Los Angeles) • San Diego, CA • San Francisco, CA • Brooklyn, NY • Northern Virginia •
General Assembly, Singapore
Community Affairs Manager - Multiple Locations in Australia