The world’s first customer platform helping internet businesses accelerate growth☝️
Intercom builds a suite of messaging-first products that all modern internet businesses can use to accelerate growth across the customer lifecycle, from acquisition, to engagement, and support. Today more than 25,000 businesses, including New Relic, Sotheby’s, and Shopify, use Intercom to connect with a billion unique people worldwide.
Intercom is a deeply creative company with the confidence to believe it can fundamentally change the future of internet business. Our people are incredibly ambitious, yet humble. Warm, accepting, and positive. Whether you build, market, sell or support product, we want you to make your mark with us.
What's the opportunity? 🤔
We’re looking for a talented Product Designer to help turn our mission from vision to reality, working from the beginning to the end of product building, from new disruptive ideas to detailed iterations on microinteractions. We believe in a high Designer to Engineer ratio and need to grow our Product Design team to work with our growing Engineering team. Intercom is a design led company and an empowering place for designers to work.
What will I be doing? 🚀
- As a key member of the Product Design team, you will own an entire product area, drive it end to end from product strategy to execution. You will partner with Product Management and Engineering. You will also collaborate with other designers to make their work and the whole team better
- Work through design problems from beginning to end: translating research insights into ideas that form disruptive new products and features, then designing the workflows and detailed interactions to realize them
- Sketch and prototype ideas to quickly access viability, and design the fine grained details of interactions
- Iterate based on feedback from the whole team
- Work closely with engineers as they build and ship ideas
- Own the success or failure of their design work and initiate design and engineering sprints to improve shipped work
- Write about, present, and share what they have learned, both internally and with the wider community via our blog, books, and events
What skills do I need? 📖
- Experience designing digital products and systems, not just websites. You have helped ship products
- An appreciation of the entire product development process, from problem solving through to detailed UI and visual design
- The ability to create beautiful high-fidelity mockups of your designs using Sketch, Figma, etc
- The ability to create prototypes using Framer, Keynote, HTML/CSS/JS, etc
- Excellent communicator of design work and your rationale behind proposals
- Excellent self starter who can deeply collaborate with engineers
We're looking for a portfolio that clearly outlines the problems you were tackling with your design work. It should touch on the process you applied to tackling the challenges, rather than focusing just on visuals and landing pages. Your portfolio should be well structured and clear. Your experience should ideally focus on designing software products.
We are a well-treated bunch, with awesome benefits! If there’s something important to you that’s not on this list, talk to us! :)
- Competitive salary and meaningful equity
- Catered lunch and dinner every weekday, plus a fully stocked kitchen
- Regular compensation reviews - great work is rewarded!
- Fully funded comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Open vacation policy and 10 corporate holidays
- Paid parental leave program
- 401k plan
- Commuter benefits
- In-office bicycle storage
- Keep active with our wellness program that allows you to expense your gym membership and other sports activities up to $90 quarterly
- MacBooks are our standard, but we’re happy to get you whatever equipment helps you get your job done
- Fun events for Intercomrades, friends, and family!
*Proof of eligibility to work in the United States is required.
Intercom values diversity and is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity. Intercom will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, age, physical or mental disability, veteran or military status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state, or local law.
The way businesses talk to people online is broken. Intercom is fixing it. Intercom is the first to bring messaging products for sales, marketing & customer service to one platform, helping businesses avoid the stiff, spammy status quo and have real conversations that build real connections. Designed to feel like the messaging apps you use every day, Intercom lets you talk to consumers almost anywhere: inside your app, on your website, across social media and via email. Today more than 20,000 businesses use Intercom to connect with a billion people worldwide. Intercom has raised $116M in venture funding, and has 350+ employees across its San Francisco headquarters, Dublin R&D office, and recently opened Chicago office.
Want to learn more about Intercom? Visit Intercom's website.
Jobs You May Like
Experience / Service designer
Interbrand, Milan, Italy
Senior Business Designer - Fjord
Accenture, CA - San Francisco, USA
Senior Design Research Lead
IDEO.org, New York
Junior Photographer and Retoucher
Everlane, San Francisco, CA
VideoAmp, Santa Monica, CA
Senior Product Designer, Carrier Experience
Convoy, Seattle, Washington