Communication has changed for people. It’s changed for businesses, too.
Intercom is the only suite of customer messaging products that drives growth at every stage of the customer lifecycle – across acquisition, engagement, and support. Today more than 30,000 businesses use Intercom to connect with a billion people worldwide.
Join the company helping businesses grow revenue through live chat, and so much more.
What's the opportunity? 🤔
At Intercom we believe in the power of producing high quality content to grow our business. Over the past eight years Intercom has built a reputation for publishing some of the most thoughtful and insightful content in the software industry with our blog posts, podcasts, and books. Those publications have also generated thousands of new leads for Intercom as we’ve rapidly grown our business. We’re now looking for an Editor to join our team in San Francisco and help us take our content marketing to the next level.
You will contribute to our flagship blog, Inside Intercom, which is recognized in the industry as a go-to source of invaluable information on sales, marketing, customer support, growth, engineering, product and design. You’ll also work on the Inside Intercom podcast, gated content such as books and guides, and a range of other projects that will help attract potential customers to Intercom.
What will I be doing? 🚀
- Creating some of the most impactful and renowned content marketing materials in our industry (Intercom was recognised as one of the top 50 content marketing brands in the world in 2018)
- You will be a core part of our content production process – from drafting articles to researching podcast guests, from brainstorming creative campaign tactics to writing best practice guides.
- Collaborating with colleagues from across marketing to help execute creative and impactful campaigns. You'll be working on microsites and interactive calculators, managing third party research and writing books and guides.
- Helping colleagues from teams around Intercom effectively share their knowledge and insights through a variety of media (articles, bylines, podcasts, video, conference talks, books, guides etc).
What skills do I need? 📖
- You have at least 3 years professional experience, with at least 2 years in a content marketing role.
- Excellent writing and editing skills.
- Experience with WordPress, Google Docs, and image editing software.
- Knowledge of B2B/B2C SaaS. You’ll know what the latest thinking is, who the influencers are, what the credible conferences are, etc.
- A qualification in journalism/communications/multimedia would be advantageous but not essential.
- You excel at collaborating with colleagues to get the job done and thoroughly enjoy being part of a team.
- You thrive in ambiguous situations and love to build things from scratch.
Bonus skills & attributes 🙌
Knowledge of current customer support best practices or experience creating content for this audience.
We are a well-treated bunch, with awesome benefits! If there’s something important to you that’s not on this list, talk to us! :)
- Competitive salary and meaningful equity
- Catered lunch every weekday, plus a variety of snack foods and a fully stocked kitchen
- Fully funded comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Open vacation policy and 10 corporate holidays
- Paid Parental Leave Program
- Commuter benefits + 401k plan
- In-office bicycle storage
- Fun events for Intercomrades, friends, and family!
*Proof of eligibility to work in the United States is required.
Intercom values diversity and is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity. Intercom will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, age, physical or mental disability, veteran or military status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state, or local law.
The way businesses talk to people online is broken. Intercom is fixing it. Intercom is the first to bring messaging products for sales, marketing & customer service to one platform, helping businesses avoid the stiff, spammy status quo and have real conversations that build real connections. Designed to feel like the messaging apps you use every day, Intercom lets you talk to consumers almost anywhere: inside your app, on your website, across social media and via email. Today more than 20,000 businesses use Intercom to connect with a billion people worldwide. Intercom has raised $116M in venture funding, and has 350+ employees across its San Francisco headquarters, Dublin R&D office, and recently opened Chicago office.
Want to learn more about Intercom? Visit Intercom's website.
Jobs You May Like
Creative Director, Emerging Markets
Wikimedia, Remote: India, Indonesia, Kenya, South Africa, Nigeria, Mexico, Egypt, or Brazil