The world’s first customer platform helping internet businesses accelerate growth☝️
Intercom builds a suite of messaging-first products that all modern internet businesses can use to accelerate growth across the customer lifecycle, from acquisition, to engagement, and support. Today more than 25,000 businesses, including New Relic, Sotheby’s, and Shopify, use Intercom to connect with a billion unique people worldwide.
Intercom is a deeply creative company with the confidence to believe it can fundamentally change the future of internet business. Our people are incredibly ambitious, yet humble. Warm, accepting, and positive. Whether you build, market, sell or support product, we want you to make your mark with us.
What's the opportunity? 🤔
Intercom is growing rapidly. Our growth rate is faster than almost every other Saas company, ever. We’re looking for talented engineers to join us and influence our product roadmap and direction.
This is more than a technical role, you’ll be a creative product and technical contributor. You’ll use your experience to inform our engineering process and decisions when building new features and ensuring scalability and availability of the entire platform.
You’ll be part of one of our multidisciplinary product teams, where you will build both back-end and front-end systems, and work closely with designers, product managers, researchers, and data analysts. Product engineers at Intercom work across design and implementation, making the right technology decisions to build the best product.
What will I be doing? 🚀
As a Product Engineer you will:
- Contribute to our technical architecture as we grow. We scale to service requests from not only our customers, but their customers as well - and there are billions of them
- Care about agility as much you care for scalability and availability. Continuous deployment keeps us focused on incremental releases. Even our biggest technical achievements roll out piece by piece, feature flagged out of sight. Projects are kept short and tightly scoped. Teams build a weekly cadence of releases
- Ship a change to production on your first day and a significant public release in your first week. That “day one” change is automatically deployed to production along with over 100 other deployments (on average) each weekday
- Be proud of what you work on, obsess about the quality of the work you produce. Join us to do the best work of your career
- Have regular opportunity and support for career growth. We are constantly growing and forming new teams. For those who are motivated to lead, we prefer internal promotions for Engineering Lead and Engineering Director roles. We encourage and reward public speaking, blogging, open source contributions and community participation. We run events to share how we think and how we go about building great product
What skills do I need? 📖
- 4+ years of experience in a software engineering role preferred
- Have great product design instinct and reasoned opinions
- Ideally, you’ve built an exciting product in your previous roles and loved the satisfaction that comes with knowing that people around the world are using something you’ve created
- You can demonstrate significant impact that your work has had on the product and/or the team
- You also need to have deep knowledge of at least one programming language, but it doesn’t need to be a language that we use here! Great people are effective and learn what we use quickly (or introduce us to better ways of working)
We are a well-treated bunch, with awesome benefits! If there’s something important to you that’s not on this list, talk to us! :)
- Competitive salary and meaningful equity
- Catered lunch and dinner served every weekday, plus a variety of breakfast foods and a fully stocked kitchen
- Fully funded comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Open vacation policy and 10 corporate holidays
- Paid Parental Leave Program
- Commuter benefits + 401k plan
- In-office bicycle storage
- Macbooks are our standard, but we’re happy to get you whatever equipment helps you get your job done
- Fun events for Intercomrades, friends, and family!
The way businesses talk to people online is broken. Intercom is fixing it. Intercom is the first to bring messaging products for sales, marketing & customer service to one platform, helping businesses avoid the stiff, spammy status quo and have real conversations that build real connections. Designed to feel like the messaging apps you use every day, Intercom lets you talk to consumers almost anywhere: inside your app, on your website, across social media and via email. Today more than 20,000 businesses use Intercom to connect with a billion people worldwide. Intercom has raised $116M in venture funding, and has 350+ employees across its San Francisco headquarters, Dublin R&D office, and recently opened Chicago office.