The world’s first customer platform helping internet businesses accelerate growth☝️
Intercom builds a suite of messaging-first products that all modern internet businesses can use to accelerate growth across the customer lifecycle, from acquisition, to engagement, and support. Today more than 25,000 businesses, including New Relic, Sotheby’s, and Shopify, use Intercom to connect with a billion unique people worldwide.
Intercom is a deeply creative company with the confidence to believe it can fundamentally change the future of internet business. Our people are incredibly ambitious, yet humble. Warm, accepting, and positive. Whether you build, market, sell or support product, we want you to make your mark with us.
What's the opportunity? 🤔
As we continue to grow and scale we‘re looking for experienced systems engineers to join us and help build out, evolve and maintain our infrastructure and operations. This is a great opportunity to have significant impact and own projects of all shapes and sizes that will change how we go about running our infrastructure and operations.
You will have regular opportunity and support for career growth in a company that is continuing its own massive growth. We are constantly growing and forming new teams. For those who are motivated to lead, we bias towards internal transfers to management roles. This is a position suitable for technical managers considering a return to a full-time engineering role.
What will I be doing? 🚀
- You will be evolving our architecture to use modern cloud technologies. We’re already 100% based in the cloud, but we want to take advantage of new capabilities - for example, migrating Intercom from Virtual Machines to Serverless or Container technologies.
- You will work as part of a team that practices HumanOps. We optimise to operate our people, not our technology. Our team does not have mandatory out-of-hours on call - we participate in an opt-in out-of-hours on call rotation spread across all of our engineering organisation
- You will ship a change to production on your first day and demo a significant feature to the company in your first week. That “day one” change is automatically deployed to production along with 100 other deployments every day
- You care about agility as much you care for scalability and availability. Continuously deploying keeps us focused on incremental improvements. Even our biggest technical achievements roll out piece by piece. Projects are kept short and tightly scoped. Teams build a weekly cadence of releases
- Public speaking, blogging, open source contributions and community participation is something we strongly encourage, and reward. We run regular internal and external events to share how we think and how we go about building great systems and products
- Be proud of what you work on and obsess about the quality of the work you produce. Join us to do the best work of your career
What skills do I need? 📖
- You can demonstrate significant impact that your work has had, both on the technology side as well as with the teams you’ve been part of
- You have a good working knowledge of at least one high-level programming language (for example, Ruby, Python, Go or Perl) - it doesn’t need to be a language that we use here
- You have experience working with cloud infrastructure and owned business-critical infrastructure and services
What happens when I apply? 🤓
First, apply so we can review your CV :) As the next step, we will send you our take home test to work on in your own time. Next up is a phone interview with one of our engineers which will focus on technical and culture contribution questions (this is sometimes broken down into 2 interviews). Finally, we do an onsite interview in our Dublin office (we can help with travel arrangements, visas etc.).
We are a well treated bunch, with awesome benefits! If there’s something important to you that’s not on this list, talk to us! :)
- Competitive salary and equity in a fast-growing start-up
- We serve breakfast, lunch, and dinner every weekday. There are also snacks and drinks on tap to keep you topped up
- Regular compensation reviews - we reward great work!
- Peace of mind with life assurance, as well as comprehensive health and dental insurance for you and your dependents
- Open vacation policy and flexible holidays so you can take time off when you need it
- Paid maternity leave, as well as 6 weeks paternity leave for fathers, to let you spend valuable time with your loved ones
- Commuting is a breeze with our generous public transport allowance
- Keep active with our wellness programme that allows you to expense gym and other sports activities up to €90 quarterly
- If you’re cycling, we’ve got you covered on the Cycle-to-Work Scheme. With secure bike storage too
- MacBooks are our standard, but we’re happy to get you whatever equipment helps you get your job done
- We also offer generous relocation assistance for certain roles for people joining us from overseas
We are a diverse bunch of people and we want to continue to attract and retain a diverse range of people into our organisation. We're committed to an inclusive and diverse Intercom! We do not discriminate based on gender, ethnicity, sexual orientation, religion, civil or family status, age, disability, or race.
The way businesses talk to people online is broken. Intercom is fixing it. Intercom is the first to bring messaging products for sales, marketing & customer service to one platform, helping businesses avoid the stiff, spammy status quo and have real conversations that build real connections. Designed to feel like the messaging apps you use every day, Intercom lets you talk to consumers almost anywhere: inside your app, on your website, across social media and via email. Today more than 20,000 businesses use Intercom to connect with a billion people worldwide. Intercom has raised $116M in venture funding, and has 350+ employees across its San Francisco headquarters, Dublin R&D office, and recently opened Chicago office.
Want to learn more about Intercom? Visit Intercom's website.
Jobs You May Like
Manufacturing Technician - Window
Carbon, Redwood City
Simulation Development Engineer
Carbon, Redwood City
Lead Software Developer
Gwynnie Bee, New Delhi, India
Software QA Engineer (Contract), PS Vue
PlayStation, San Francisco, CA
QA Automation Engineer
Mobcrush, Santa Monica, CA