Communication has changed for people. It’s changed for businesses, too.
Intercom is the only suite of customer messaging products that drives growth at every stage of the customer lifecycle—across acquisition, engagement, and support. Today more than 30,000 businesses use Intercom to connect with a billion people worldwide.
Join the company helping businesses grow revenue through live chat, and so much more.
What's the opportunity? 🤔
What will I be doing? 🚀
- Perform technical security assessments on web applications, mobile clients, and architecture designs
- Design and maintain secure development practices and tooling for a growing number of teams in an environment where we ship to production over two hundred times a day.
- Educate engineering teams on security risks through training and technical demonstration of vulnerabilities and secure design patterns for security topics
- Partner closely with peer teams in our Infosec group to constantly evolve our security posture
- Work on new product security features to make Intercom more secure and better support our customers’ security efforts
- Help us maintain security compliance and certification
- Developing a new secure signup workflow for the main Intercom application
- Building a centralized, multi-factor authentication system to manage access to all internal Intercom resources
- Evolving our operational monitoring and alerting infrastructure and driving greater observability for vulnerabilities
- Partnering with our infrastructure teams to leverage greater amounts of automation in our production environment and make the secure path the path of least resistance for engineers
What skills do I need? 📖
- You need to be an experienced software engineer, preferably a generalist or a specialist with an interest in all aspects of security. You should prefer automating work over manual processes - we love automation and would love you to build your own tools for automating processes
- Practical experience and proficiency with a high level programming language (e.g. Ruby, Python, Perl) - this skill is essential for you to be able to create tools and work with product engineers on the existing body of code
- Solid understanding of web application architecture - Intercom is a web app, so you need to know how to secure web apps
- Solid understanding of threat modeling, web security vulnerabilities as well as their mitigation
We are a well-treated bunch, with awesome benefits! If there’s something important to you that’s not on this list, talk to us! :)
- Competitive salary and meaningful equity
- Catered lunch every weekday, plus a variety of snack foods and a fully stocked kitchen
- Fully funded comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Open vacation policy and 10 corporate holidays
- Paid Parental Leave Program
- Commuter benefits + 401k plan
- In-office bicycle storage
- Fun events for Intercomrades, friends, and family!
*Proof of eligibility to work in the United States is required.
Intercom values diversity and is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity. Intercom will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, age, physical or mental disability, veteran or military status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state, or local law.
The way businesses talk to people online is broken. Intercom is fixing it. Intercom is the first to bring messaging products for sales, marketing & customer service to one platform, helping businesses avoid the stiff, spammy status quo and have real conversations that build real connections. Designed to feel like the messaging apps you use every day, Intercom lets you talk to consumers almost anywhere: inside your app, on your website, across social media and via email. Today more than 20,000 businesses use Intercom to connect with a billion people worldwide. Intercom has raised $116M in venture funding, and has 350+ employees across its San Francisco headquarters, Dublin R&D office, and recently opened Chicago office.