Intercom is creatively fixing... 🛠️
How internet businesses connect with customers for more human conversation. Our teams are ambitious and humble – learning, solving and celebrating together.
We’re one of the fastest growing tech companies:
• 400+ employees worldwide
• $1M to $50M Annual Recurring Revenue in 3 years
• 25,000+ customers
• 1,000 new customers monthly
Whether you build, market, sell or support product, we want you to make your mark with us.
What's the opportunity? 🤔
We’re looking for an energetic and creative Product Designer to help turn our mission from vision to reality, working from the beginning to the end of product building, from new disruptive ideas to detailed iterations on microinteractions. We believe in a high Designer to Engineer ratio and need to grow our Product Design team to work with our growing Engineering team.
Intercom is an incredibly rare opportunity to join a company that is still small but on it’s way to something much bigger, with a meaningful transformative mission, where you would work closely with a product and engineering team who’ve come from Airbnb, Google, Amazon, Lyft, Facebook, Apple and others. The team is already doing a lot of great things, but we still have our best work in front of us. This will be an opportunity to push yourself creatively and to take a few risks. Intercom is a design led company and an empowering place for designers to work.
What will I be doing? 🚀
- Act as a leader within the Product Design team, collaborating with other designers to make their work and the whole team better
- Work through design problems from beginning to end: translating research insights into ideas that form disruptive new products and features, then designing the workflows and detailed interactions to realize them
- Sketch and prototype ideas to quickly access viability, and design the fine grained details of interactions
- Iterate based on feedback from the whole team
- Work closely with engineers as they build and ship ideas
- Own the success or failure of your design work and initiate design and engineering sprints to improve shipped work
- Write about, present, and share what you have learned, both internally and with the wider community via our blog, books, and events
What skills do I need? 📖
- Experience designing digital products and systems, not just websites. You have helped ship products
- Excellent self starter who can deeply collaborate with designers, engineers, PM, marketing and other teams in the company
- An appreciation of the entire product development process, from problem solving through to detailed UI and visual design
- Excellent communicator of design work and your rationale behind proposals
- Experience designing experiences that people can access on any type of device: desktop, tablet, phone
- The ability to create beautiful high-fidelity mockups of your designs using Sketch, Figma, etc
- The ability to create prototypes using Framer, Keynote, HTML/CSS/JS, etc
We are a well-treated bunch, with awesome benefits! If there’s something important to you that’s not on this list, talk to us! :)
- Competitive salary and meaningful equity
- Catered breakfast, lunch, and dinner every weekday, plus a fully stocked kitchen
- Regular compensation reviews - great work is rewarded!
- Fully funded comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Open vacation policy and 10 corporate holidays
- Paid parental leave program
- 401k plan
- Commuter benefits
- In-office bicycle storage
- Keep active with our wellness program that allows you to expense your gym membership and other sports activities up to $90 quarterly
- MacBooks are our standard, but we’re happy to get you whatever equipment helps you get your job done
- Fun events for Intercomrades, friends, and family!
The way businesses talk to people online is broken. Intercom is fixing it. Intercom is the first to bring messaging products for sales, marketing & customer service to one platform, helping businesses avoid the stiff, spammy status quo and have real conversations that build real connections. Designed to feel like the messaging apps you use every day, Intercom lets you talk to consumers almost anywhere: inside your app, on your website, across social media and via email. Today more than 20,000 businesses use Intercom to connect with a billion people worldwide. Intercom has raised $116M in venture funding, and has 350+ employees across its San Francisco headquarters, Dublin R&D office, and recently opened Chicago office.
Want to learn more about Intercom? Visit Intercom's website.
Jobs You May Like
Senior Product Manager
littleBits, New York
ECU Validation Engineer or Technician
Faraday Future, Gardena, CA
Director, Product - Editorial
Executive Assistant, Product Creative
Netflix, Los Gatos, California
Velodyne, San Jose, CA
Principal Product Manager, Search
Evernote, Redwood City, CA