Communication has changed for people. It’s changed for businesses, too.
Intercom is the only suite of customer messaging products that drives growth at every stage of the customer lifecycle—across acquisition, engagement, and support. Today more than 30,000 businesses use Intercom to connect with a billion people worldwide.
Join the company helping businesses grow revenue through live chat, and so much more.
What's the opportunity? 🤔
Intercom is looking for a hardworking, curious and motivated analyst to join the FP&A team. This individual would work across the organization to help develop and hit our topline and bottom line targets, assisting in the planning process and month-to-month reporting. As an analyst you’d work closely with the heads of each department, and have the opportunity to inform and influence key strategic financial decisions. Additionally, you would assist in other FP&A ad hoc analyses and transitions in support of the finance team.
A financial analyst at Intercom will develop a strong understanding of subscription based businesses and SaaS metrics such as MRR, Churn, CAC, and LTV. Additionally, you should have some familiarity with how to read a P&L, and an ability to understand and synthesize public company financials.
This is a great opportunity to impact the trajectory of a quickly growing company. Apply if you are hungry to take ownership over your work, and excited by what Intercom is trying to achieve.
What will I be doing? 🚀
- Own bi-weekly top-line performance model, preparing regular updates on performance vs. plan and vs. historical data
- Own and maintain centralized budget, including regular reporting, and work with departments to help them hit their spend targets
- Work as a key business partner across R&D, S&M and G&A functions to help them make tradeoffs and decisions around spending and investment
- Benchmark our growth and financial metrics to comparables in the industry
- Dive deep into cohort level performance to understand drivers of performance and assist our product, marketing and sales teams at identifying areas of growth
- Support key Intercom initiatives, such as financing rounds, M&A, and investor relations
- Dive into the metrics and data of interest to you and share your findings
What skills do I need? 📖
- Proven track record of delivering actionable analysis with minimal supervision
- BA or BS/MS degree with strong academic record, preferably in a quantitative discipline
- Minimum of 2-4 years experience in a quantitative, finance role with experience forecasting financial statements
- Excellent communication skills, including experience in high-level business discussions
- Proficient in Excel
- Experience using SQL is a plus
We are a well-treated bunch, with awesome benefits! If there’s something important to you that’s not on this list, talk to us! :)
- Competitive salary and meaningful equity
- Catered lunch every weekday, plus a variety of snack foods and a fully stocked kitchen
- Fully funded comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Open vacation policy and 10 corporate holidays
- Paid Parental Leave Program
- Commuter benefits + 401k plan
- In-office bicycle storage
- Fun events for Intercomrades, friends, and family!
*Proof of eligibility to work in the United States is required.
Intercom values diversity and is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity. Intercom will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, age, physical or mental disability, veteran or military status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state, or local law.
The way businesses talk to people online is broken. Intercom is fixing it. Intercom is the first to bring messaging products for sales, marketing & customer service to one platform, helping businesses avoid the stiff, spammy status quo and have real conversations that build real connections. Designed to feel like the messaging apps you use every day, Intercom lets you talk to consumers almost anywhere: inside your app, on your website, across social media and via email. Today more than 20,000 businesses use Intercom to connect with a billion people worldwide. Intercom has raised $116M in venture funding, and has 350+ employees across its San Francisco headquarters, Dublin R&D office, and recently opened Chicago office.