Communication has changed for people. It’s changed for businesses, too.
Intercom is the only suite of customer messaging products that drives growth at every stage of the customer lifecycle—across acquisition, engagement, and support. Today more than 25,000 businesses use Intercom to connect with a billion people worldwide.
Join the company helping businesses grow revenue through live chat, and so much more.
What's the opportunity? 🤔
The Corporate Financial Planning and Analysis (FP&A) team at Intercom is responsible for company-wide financial planning, forecasting, reporting and analysis. As the central planning group for the entire company, Corporate FP&A plays a unique and critical role in driving business decisions and optimizing financial outcomes. Corporate FP&A determines and communicates financial goals and targets to each of Intercom’s business segments, and then consolidates and monitors financial performance against those goals to ensure Intercom is reaching its objectives. The group is also charged with developing presentations to Senior Leadership and the Board of Directors regarding company financial performance.
Reporting to the Head of Corporate FP&A,the Senior Manager of Corporate FP&A is a key member of Intercom’s Finance team. This leader will drive strategic business partnership with Finance and executive leaders, ensuring that Intercom’s planning process and operational rigor are best in class. This role will require a strong understanding of Intercom’s strategic priorities across customer and use case segments. This is a highly visible role within the Finance team and requires someone who is a strong leader and communicator. The ideal candidate will possess deep tactical FP&A experience with at least 3 years of being a key contributor on a Corporate Finance team (financial modelling, managing budgets, variance analysis, financial systems, accounting, etc.).
What will I be doing? 🚀
- Be the central coordinating point across the finance and accounting teams team for planning, capital markets activities, and investor reporting
- Drive our monthly consolidation and close processes - analyze financial results, distill and synthesize key trends, and communicate risks & opportunities to influence business outcomes.
- Own monthly & quarterly management reporting including but not limited to budget vs. forecast, dashboards, and Board materials.
- Develop visually impactful slides for executive and Board-level presentations with a focus on business insight and action.
- Partner with our investor relations function on developing narrative and preparing for Investor Q&A.
- Drive the improvement of financial systems to increase productivity, accuracy and insights
- Explore investment opportunities and determine optimal resource allocation using data-driven financial modeling techniques.
- Pioneer business insight and strategic analysis for new and emerging business challenges. Forge relationships both within the finance organization and out (Accounting, Analytics, Product, Sales, Marketing, Growth etc.) to drive cross-functional projects.
- Implement improvements & automation to streamline current processes
- Tackle new & evolving priorities for the team, including ad hoc analyses
What skills do I need? 📖
- 8+ years experience in FP&A with at least 3 years of Corporate FP&A in a public company. Prior IPO experience preferred.
- Experience with financial modeling and analytical mindset / working with data required
- Positive attitude with high aptitude to learn new things quickly. Team player eager to further develop and grow with us
- Demonstrate intellectual curiosity, problem-solving skills, and hunger to continually up-level current approaches and processes
- Strong work ethic, reliability, and attention to detail - “get it done” attitude
- Highly adept in Excel. Working knowledge of SQL, Netsuite, Salesforce, Adaptive or other planning tools a plus
We are a well-treated bunch, with awesome benefits! If there’s something important to you that’s not on this list, talk to us! :)
- Competitive salary and meaningful equity
- Fully funded comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Regular compensation reviews - great work is rewarded!
- Open vacation policy and 10 corporate holidays
- Paid Parental Leave Program
- 401k plan
- In-office bicycle storage
- Fun events for Intercomrades, friends, and family!
*Proof of eligibility to work in the United States is required.
Intercom values diversity and is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity. Intercom will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, age, physical or mental disability, veteran or military status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state, or local law.
The way businesses talk to people online is broken. Intercom is fixing it. Intercom is the first to bring messaging products for sales, marketing & customer service to one platform, helping businesses avoid the stiff, spammy status quo and have real conversations that build real connections. Designed to feel like the messaging apps you use every day, Intercom lets you talk to consumers almost anywhere: inside your app, on your website, across social media and via email. Today more than 20,000 businesses use Intercom to connect with a billion people worldwide. Intercom has raised $116M in venture funding, and has 350+ employees across its San Francisco headquarters, Dublin R&D office, and recently opened Chicago office.
Want to learn more about Intercom? Visit Intercom's website.
DICE is on a mission to get people out more. We bring incredible live shows and