Communication has changed for people. It’s changed for businesses, too.
Intercom welcomes upcoming graduates to join our team and help us make the internet business personal! Learn more about Engineering at Intercom. The roles will be offered with a start date in Autumn 2022.
Intercom is the only suite of customer messaging products that drives growth at every stage of the customer lifecycle—across acquisition, engagement, and support. Today more than 25,000 businesses use Intercom to connect with a billion people worldwide.
At Intercom, you will be a Product Engineer - someone who solves real customer problems through a smart and efficient application of your technical knowledge and your tools. You’ll be part of one of our multidisciplinary product teams, where you will build both back-end and front-end systems, and work closely with designers, product managers, researchers, and data analysts.
What will I be doing? 🚀
- Ship a change to production on your first day and a feature in your first week. That “day one” change is automatically deployed to production along with 100s of other deployments each weekday. Each deployment is live for millions of users within minutes.
- Work in a cross functional team with design, product, and engineering.
- Be involved in the full software lifecycle, by contributing in technical design meetings, providing feedback, collaborating with other engineers to execute a project, and deploying it to production.
- Bank End: Write Ruby code, which knits together a lot of AWS, infrastructure, platform and SaaS technologies that form the core of Intercom’s backend infrastructure.
- Front End: Write React and EmberJS code to build out new functionality in the Messenger and Intercom App.
What skills do I need? 📖
- In process of completing a Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related fields at time of application.
- Proficiency in a high-level programming language (for example, Ruby,
- Familiar with standard software engineering methodology, e.g. unit testing, object-oriented design, data structures, code reviews, design documentation.
- Knowledge of how modern web applications work as well as distributed systems.
- Able to effectively articulate technical challenges and solutions.
- Ability to learn quickly, iterate, unblock yourself, and persist until the right problem is solved.
We are a well treated bunch, with awesome benefits! If there’s something important to you that’s not on this list, talk to us! :)
- Competitive salary and equity in a fast-growing start-up
- We serve lunch every weekday, plus a variety of snack foods and a fully stocked kitchen
- Regular compensation reviews - we reward great work!
- Peace of mind with life assurance, as well as comprehensive health and dental insurance for you and your dependents
- Open vacation policy and flexible holidays so you can take time off when you need it
- Paid maternity leave, as well as 6 weeks paternity leave for fathers, to let you spend valuable time with your loved ones
- If you’re cycling, we’ve got you covered on the Cycle-to-Work Scheme. With secure bike storage too
- MacBooks are our standard, but we’re happy to get you whatever equipment helps you get your job done
We are a diverse bunch of people and we want to continue to attract and retain a diverse range of people into our organisation. We're committed to an inclusive and diverse Intercom! We do not discriminate based on gender, ethnicity, sexual orientation, religion, civil or family status, age, disability, or race.
The way businesses talk to people online is broken. Intercom is fixing it. Intercom is the first to bring messaging products for sales, marketing & customer service to one platform, helping businesses avoid the stiff, spammy status quo and have real conversations that build real connections. Designed to feel like the messaging apps you use every day, Intercom lets you talk to consumers almost anywhere: inside your app, on your website, across social media and via email. Today more than 20,000 businesses use Intercom to connect with a billion people worldwide. Intercom has raised $116M in venture funding, and has 350+ employees across its San Francisco headquarters, Dublin R&D office, and recently opened Chicago office.
Want to learn more about Intercom? Visit Intercom's website.
Slack's cloud-based collaboration tools and services are used worldwide.