Senior Associate, Field Engineering
Intersection, New York
Using digital technology to transform the physical world
Who are we?
At Intersection, we are at the forefront of the smart cities revolution. Our mission is to improve daily life in cities and public spaces, with products that bridge the digital and physical worlds by delivering connectivity, information and content to enrich our everyday journeys and elevate the urban experience.
We pair our human-centered methodology with cutting-edge technology to design, develop, deliver, and maintain unique products and experiences in public space that deliver value to advertisers, cities, and consumers. Whether partnering with urban transit systems to revolutionize commuting and travel, with cities to transform how they connect with residents and visitors, or private developers to create unforgettable experiences in neighborhoods and districts, our solutions are scalable platforms on which our clients can build the future.
Intersection is backed by Alphabet through its urban technology company Sidewalk Labs.
What is the Role?
As an Onsite Field Engineer, you will be part of the first line of support for our clients. It will be your job to assist and troubleshoot issues with our clients either remotely from our office or traveling to the clients to work with them on site, log tickets in our ticketing system, answer support phone calls and participate in a rotating on-call shift.
Our clients’ issues range from email not sending in Outlook to deploying new cloud-based work environments. We are looking for empathetic technicians who collaborate well in a team environment, who aren't afraid to take on new challenges and will provide white glove customer service to our clients.
We are looking for someone to work on-site at one of our client's office.
Your First 30 Days:
- Learn and understand Intersection’s corporate, departmental and team goals
- Work with the ICS team to gain a clear understanding of the Enterprise Services product line
- Learn our systems and services used to support ourselves and our clients
- Shadow technicians at certain clients to get acquainted with how our clients are supported
Your First 60 days:
- Be comfortable fielding tickets and answering phones with limited guidance
- Have a working knowledge of our systems and services
- Cross-train onsite to prepare for a time when they’re needed to provide the same support
Your First 90 Days:
- Develop a deep understanding of the business environment and strategy
- Be self sufficient in fielding tickets and answering phones with no guidance
- Be able to cover for onsite engineers with limited/no guidance
You are awesome for the role:
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Working knowledge of Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10, and Mac OS X
- Can demonstrate troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- Solid grasp of technical fundamentals
- Ability to learn quickly
- Passion for and curiosity about technology
- Associate’s or technical degree or equivalent work experience
Pluses, but Not Required:
- Able to configure Android and iOS mobile phones
- Experience imaging and upgrading workstations
- Knowledge of Mac OS X Server and Windows Server 2008
- Experience with remote assistance software like LogMeIn, Bomgar, and TeamViewer
- Proficiency in applications/services like Zendesk, Microsoft Office, Office365, Google Apps, and Adobe Creative Suite
- Previous positions in helpdesk or related tech service fields
Intersection is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Our mission is to improve daily life in cities and public spaces.
We believe that by joining the digital and physical worlds we can help people get the most out of the cities around them. Our products live in public locations, where people engage with them every day.
We enrich people's everyday journeys by delivering connectivity, information, and content that elevate the urban experience.
Be a Better Intersection Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at Intersection when you watch classes taught by their top employees.