Who are we?
At Intersection, we are at the forefront of the smart cities revolution. Our mission is to improve daily life in cities and public spaces, with products that bridge the digital and physical worlds by delivering connectivity, information and content to enrich our everyday journeys and elevate the urban experience.
We pair our human-centered methodology with cutting-edge technology to design, develop, deliver, and maintain unique products and experiences in public space that deliver value to advertisers, cities, and consumers. Whether partnering with urban transit systems to revolutionize commuting and travel, with cities to transform how they connect with residents and visitors, or private developers to create unforgettable experiences in neighborhoods and districts, our solutions are scalable platforms on which our clients can build the future.
Intersection is backed by Alphabet through its urban technology company Sidewalk Labs.
What is the role?
As an Associate Test Engineer at Intersection, you will help build and test the next-generation order management system to manage all of Intersection’s advertising orders. The OMS will seamlessly connect Intersection’s digital inventory with both internal and external buyers. You will design, build, and operate this next-generation platform that will help enable Intersection’s customers to integrate & automate the ad sales & delivery process. This platform will also open up new revenue opportunities and streamline internal workflow. You’ll be an integral part of efforts to shape, develop and manage our capabilities, implement and manage customer and product solutions, leveraging creative capabilities, data, and infrastructure across various owned and operated properties.
Your First 30 Days:
- Learn and understand Intersection’s corporate, departmental and team goals
- Work with the engineering team to have a clear understanding of the system requirements
- Understand the OMS business requirements
Your First 60 days:
- Gain a good understanding of the AdTech landscape and standards
- Collaborate with SysEng on setting up environments and CI/CD pipelines
- Identify and incorporate tools needed for scalable API development
- Formulate test plans for alpha and beta releases
- Test the OMS APIs and get it operational with the pilot customer
Your First 90 Days:
- Focus on automation as part of test coverage
- Work collaboratively with other engineering teams and incorporate best practices
- Adopt and/or develop tools for testing, deployment and automation
- Develop a good understanding of the business environment and strategy
- Take ownership of the release process
You are awesome for the role:
- You have a BA/BS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Mathematics, Physics, or related fields
- You thrive at simplifying complicated business use cases
- You enjoy working in highly-engaged, high-performing teams
- You have strong capabilities of observation, analysis, synthesis
- You are a strong communicator who communicates effectively across groups, locations and cultures, in-person and virtually.
About our Platform:
Intersection is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Our mission is to improve daily life in cities and public spaces.
We believe that by joining the digital and physical worlds we can help people get the most out of the cities around them. Our products live in public locations, where people engage with them every day.
We enrich people's everyday journeys by delivering connectivity, information, and content that elevate the urban experience.
Be a Better Intersection Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at Intersection when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about Intersection? Visit Intersection's website.
Jobs You May Like
Senior Systems Engineer, Build and Release
Quantcast, San Francisco
Lead Mobile Engineer - iOS
Betterment, Betterment HQ - New York City
Senior Data Engineer
Ripple, San Francisco, CA
Senior Software Engineer - Backend/Data
Software Engineer (Platform)
Nylas, San Francisco or New York