Who are we?
At Intersection, we are at the forefront of the smart cities revolution. Our mission is to improve daily life in cities and public spaces, with products that bridge the digital and physical worlds by delivering connectivity, information and content to enrich our everyday journeys and elevate the urban experience.
We pair our human-centered methodology with groundbreaking technology to design, develop, deliver, and maintain unique products and experiences in public space that deliver value to advertisers, cities, and consumers. Whether partnering with urban transit systems to revolutionize commuting and travel, with cities to transform how they connect with residents and visitors, or private developers to craft unforgettable experiences in neighborhoods and districts, our solutions are scalable platforms on which our clients can build the future.
Intersection is backed by Alphabet through its urban technology company Sidewalk Labs.
What is the role?
As a member of the Data & Analytics team, you’ll work in a central function using data to help stakeholders from each team to address its most pressing strategic and operational challenges as well as maintain and improve our underlying, cloud-based data infrastructure.
You’ll get to dive deep into our internal operations, interview stakeholders to understand their needs and processes, get your hands dirty with data analysis, and translate your insights into a clear and compelling narrative using data visualization tools. You’ll support our outdoor media business by interpreting client needs and developing custom solutions for measuring the effectiveness of their advertising campaigns using cutting edge adtech solutions. And you’ll strengthen Intersection’s position as the leader of the Smart Cities revolution by imagining and developing innovative new ways that we can leverage our unique datasets to improve life in cities and public spaces. You will get to work with advanced cloud based database solutions and many state of the art tools ranging from Tableau for analytics and data visualization to SQL and Python for data manipulation and machine learning.
Within your first month, you will:
- Learn about the multifaceted nature of our business, including: how a Link gets deployed; how outdoor media gets bought, sold, and executed; how our programmatic selling platform works; how we work with cities and external partners; and how our millions of users experience our products.
- Understand our data architecture and team structures, including the roles played by Data Engineering, Analytics, Business Intelligence, Data Science, and Machine Learning.
- Go deep into one area of focus, understanding the business challenges, the stakeholders, the processes, and of course, the data.
- Develop and present your first dashboard in Tableau.
Within your first 3 months, you will:
- Play a key role in converting an entire department’s reporting processes into full-blown business intelligence, automating manual efforts, replacing spreadsheets with automatically refreshing dashboards, presenting to key stakeholders, implementing a feedback loop, and planning for future improvements.
- Participate in an advertising “measurement study” from beginning to end, learning how to understand client requirements, how to recommend the appropriate methodology for measuring an out-of-home campaign, and how to communicate to different audiences.
- Participate in taking our data architecture to the next level by integrating data across multiple areas of the business and delivering improved analytics performance to internal as well as external stakeholders.
Within your first year, you will:
- Develop your skills to become a Tableau Guru on the Data & Analytics team, and a point person for others around the company who are seeking out data visualization and business intelligence best practices.
- Know at least one side of the business so well that you’re able to proactively identify improvements to their operations by using the dashboards that you’ve built for them.
- Strengthen your knowledge of cloud based databases, data processing, and SQL skills.
- Be able to measure your impact on the business in terms of revenue generated in new business and dollars saved from improved operational efficiency.
- Identify a new way to use Intersection’s data to improve life in cities.
You’re great for this role because:
- You have 3+ years of experience as an analyst, consultant or data professional
- You have robust experience with SQL and Tableau (or similar data visualizations tools)
- You have experience with cloud based database systems - ideally AWS and/or SnowFlake
- You possess a strong business acumen; you are able to keep the big picture in mind while remaining focused on the details.
- You have worked with large and complex datasets and databases, and you are familiar with the tools needed to wrangle them
- You excel at seeing patterns in datasets that others miss, and you can turn that pattern into a story that anyone can understand.
- You are able to communicate effectively with an engineer in one meeting, and a salesperson in the next.
- You learn independently; you know when to ask for help, but prefer to try to figure something out on your own first.
- You are familiar with media and/or marketing (preferred but not required)
- You have a degree in Economics, Statistics, Math or another quantitative field (preferred but not required)
- You have some understanding of Python and/or R for data manipulation and machine learning applications (preferred but not required)
Our mission is to improve daily life in cities and public spaces.
We believe that by joining the digital and physical worlds we can help people get the most out of the cities around them. Our products live in public locations, where people engage with them every day.
We enrich people's everyday journeys by delivering connectivity, information, and content that elevate the urban experience.
Be a Better Intersection Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at Intersection when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about Intersection? Visit Intersection's website.
Jobs You May Like
Senior Team Lead
Instacart, Atlanta, GA
Customer Marketing Manager
ProsperWorks, San Francisco, CA
Global Head of Customer Success
Sr. Product Manager, Game Play Media Experience
PlayStation, San Francisco, CA
Senior Data Engineering Manager
Skillz, San Francisco
Territory Account Manager - Carolinas
SonicWall, North Carolina - Remote