Manager, People Operations
Intersection, New York
Using digital technology to transform the physical world
Who are we?
At Intersection, we are at the forefront of the smart cities revolution. Our mission is to improve daily life in cities and public spaces, with products that bridge the digital and physical worlds by delivering connectivity, information and content to enrich our everyday journeys and elevate the urban experience.
We pair our human-centered methodology with cutting-edge technology to design, develop, deliver, and maintain unique products and experiences in public space that deliver value to advertisers, cities, and consumers. Whether partnering with urban transit systems to revolutionize commuting and travel, with cities to transform how they connect with residents and visitors, or private developers to create unforgettable experiences in neighborhoods and districts, our solutions are scalable platforms on which our clients can build the future.
Intersection is backed by Alphabet through its urban technology company Sidewalk Labs.
What is the Role?
As our People Operations Manager, you will work with the key stakeholders on the People Operations team to drive execution across high impact people initiatives and processes designed to deliver positive change within the organization. You will directly report to the SVP, People Operations and work with the entire team in a generalist/project management capacity to deliver results for the People & Culture roadmap while promoting a collaborative and positive work environment across the entire People team.
In this role, you will have the opportunity to:
- Innovate and partner with the SVP, People Operations around how we execute our strategic people initiatives with an emphasis on why they are critical to the success of the organization and the People team
- Maintain and further enhance our processes and policies to support day to day activities across the team (Recruiting, Engagement, Payroll, Benefits, Strategy)
- You will directly own the dashboard and tracking team initiatives on the People Operations Roadmap, ensuring accuracy and timeliness
- Own and produce the monthly, quarterly, and annual dashboards for the senior leadership and executive team
- Act as a strategic and thoughtful partner across the entire People Ops team, assisting in project management and special projects as reflected on the roadmap
- Oversee the logistics of the onboarding and offboarding process, including background checks, system updates, and record changes
- Manage and administer all platforms and systems used by the People team and Intersection employees for goals management, culture, employee satisfaction, org directory
- Primary gatekeeper for all employee records and audit processes
- Produce reporting, documentation, and filings in order to remain compliant on all people related regulations
Within your first month, you will:
- Begin to establish relationships with other members of the People Ops team: Business Partners, Payroll & Benefits, L&D, Engagement, Analytics & Compensation, Recruiting
- Assume ownership of People & Culture roadmap in Asana and audit work plans across all initiatives established for the next 6 months
- Learn the ropes of all People Ops systems and processes
- Learn how the People Ops team uses data to track employee changes
Within your first two months, you will:
- Have a solid understanding of the People Ops roadmap and strategic initiatives
- Have begun to identify process improvement across all areas of the team
- Facilitate the People Ops leadership team meetings and Quarterly All Hands
Within your first three months, you will:
- Have become a trusted partner for the People Ops team
- Have built strong relationships across all functions of the team, along with key stakeholders in other areas of the business
- Have successfully implemented or improved processes on the team
You're great for this role because:
- You have excellent written and oral communication skills
- Drafting email communications for the entire org is second nature
- You have a passion for presenting our mission and initiatives across the company
- Having an opportunity to answer questions from employees makes you happy
- You are highly organized and have no problem juggling many priorities at once
- Switching gears from preparing a monthly report to auditing payroll is a breeze
- When approached with a new request, you ask why, when, and what?
- You have a strong EQ and know how to navigate a yes or no when prioritizing
- You have a strong passion for continuous improvement to the employee journey
- You take action quickly to drive positive change, but consult and inform others
- You like to focus on efficiencies but prioritize quality
- You have solid data analytics skills, proficient in spreadsheets and presentations
- Coming up with a narrative and preparing a slide deck is a rewarding challenge
- You sigh in relief when a pivot table returns a simple data set for the team
- Extracting data from one of our systems doesn’t stop with opening the file
- You have a desire to make people the happiest as possible where they work!
What you’ll need to be setup for success:
- 3+ years of proven success in a people operations role in a fast-paced environment
- Operational excellence. You make things happen and you can be relied on to move the needle with minimal oversight. You have a keen ability to prioritize work and adjust as needed
- Platform knowledge preferred: Reflektive, Culture Amp, Greenhouse, Asana, HRIS
- BA/BS; Human Resources, Organizational Development preferred
Intersection is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Our mission is to improve daily life in cities and public spaces.
We believe that by joining the digital and physical worlds we can help people get the most out of the cities around them. Our products live in public locations, where people engage with them every day.
We enrich people's everyday journeys by delivering connectivity, information, and content that elevate the urban experience.
Be a Better Intersection Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at Intersection when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about Intersection? Visit Intersection's website.
Jobs You May Like
GitHub, HQ - San Francisco
Senior Manager, FP&A
Greenhouse, New York City
Sr. Workday Configuration Specialist
Red Ventures, Charlotte, NC
Payoneer, New York City
Warehouse Fulfilment Expert- UK
Enjoy, Liverpool, England
Experienced Associate, M&A
Lincoln International, Chicago, IL