Senior Software Engineer
Intersection, New York
Using digital technology to transform the physical world
At Intersection, we are at the forefront of the smart cities revolution. Our mission is to improve daily life in cities and public spaces, with products that bridge the digital and physical worlds by delivering connectivity, information and content to enrich our everyday journeys and elevate the urban experience.
We pair our human-centered methodology with cutting-edge technology to design, develop, deliver, and maintain unique products and experiences in public space that deliver value to advertisers, cities, and consumers. Whether partnering with urban transit systems to revolutionize commuting and travel, with cities to transform how they connect with residents and visitors, or private developers to create unforgettable experiences in neighborhoods and districts, our solutions are scalable platforms on which our clients can build the future.
Intersection is backed by Alphabet through its urban technology company Sidewalk Labs.
As a Senior Software Engineer at Intersection, you will help build a new group focusing on advancing our Digital Advertising stack. You will work with team members from across the organization to design, build, and operate a next-generation platform for out-of-home advertising. You’ll be an integral part of efforts to shape, develop and manage our capabilities, implement and manage customer and product solutions, leveraging creative capabilities, data, and infrastructure across owned and operated properties including LinkNYC.
What you will accomplish:
- Build products enabling advertisers to reach and understand consumers in the real world
- Integrate with products from the broader digital ecosystem to create a holistic solution
- Develop a deep understanding of the business environment and strategy
- Shepherd agile practices and processes
- Keep abreast of emerging behaviors, technologies, and companies across the Advertising and AdTech landscapes
What we are looking for:
- BA/BS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Mathematics, Physics, or related fields
- Experience building large-scale software projects
- Deep experience with Data Analytics, Front-End Design, Distributed System Design would each/all be pluses
- Proven experience working in highly-engaged, high-performing teams
- Track record of building and operating successful products and platforms
- Strong capabilities of observation, analysis, synthesis
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Experience working with brands and agencies in digital or traditional media
- Change-agent capable of building vision and alignment
Intersection is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
At Intersection, we are at the forefront of the smart cities revolution. With award-winning products like Link, the largest and fastest free public Wi-Fi network in the world, Intersection connects the digital and physical worlds, enhancing people’s journeys through their cities and offering brands the opportunity to drive more relevant and engaging advertising, rooted in real-world location and physical context. Our mission is to improve daily life in cities and public spaces. We believe that by joining the digital and physical worlds we can help people get the most out of the cities around them. Our products live in public locations, where people engage with them every day, delivering connectivity, information, and content that elevate the urban experience. History Intersection was formed from the merger between Titan, the largest municipal out-of-home advertising company, and Control Group, a leader in technology and design innovation in physical spaces. Together, these companies created a unique and powerful combination of expertise in cities, media, technology, and design, with scale, experience, and resources to connect the digital and physical worlds as never before. The first product of that collaboration was LinkNYC—widely recognized as among the most successful smart city technologies on the planet. And we’re just getting started…