Senior Software Engineer
Intersection, New York
Using digital technology to transform the physical world
Who are we?
At Intersection, we are at the forefront of the smart cities revolution. Our mission is to improve daily life in cities and public spaces, with products that bridge the digital and physical worlds by delivering connectivity, information and content to enrich our everyday journeys and elevate the urban experience.
We pair our human-centered methodology with cutting-edge technology to design, develop, deliver, and maintain unique products and experiences in public space that deliver value to advertisers, cities, and consumers. Whether partnering with urban transit systems to revolutionize commuting and travel, with cities to transform how they connect with residents and visitors, or private developers to create unforgettable experiences in neighborhoods and districts, our solutions are scalable platforms on which our clients can build the future.
Intersection is backed by Alphabet through its urban technology company Sidewalk Labs.
As a Senior Software Engineer at Intersection, you will help build a new group focusing on advancing our Digital Advertising stack. You will work with team members from across the organization to design, build, and operate a next-generation platform for out-of-home advertising. You’ll be an integral part of efforts to shape, develop and manage our capabilities, implement and manage customer and product solutions, leveraging creative capabilities, data, and infrastructure across owned and operated properties including LinkNYC.
What you will accomplish:
- Build products enabling advertisers to reach and understand consumers in the real world
- Integrate with products from the broader digital ecosystem to create a holistic solution
- Develop a deep understanding of the business environment and strategy
- Shepherd agile practices and processes
- Keep abreast of emerging behaviors, technologies, and companies across the Advertising and AdTech landscapes
What we are looking for:
- BA/BS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Mathematics, Physics, or related fields
- Experience building large-scale software projects
- Deep experience with Data Analytics, Front-End Design, Distributed System Design would each/all be pluses
- Proven experience working in highly-engaged, high-performing teams
- Track record of building and operating successful products and platforms
- Strong capabilities of observation, analysis, synthesis
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Experience working with brands and agencies in digital or traditional media
- Change-agent capable of building vision and alignment
Intersection is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Consistent with our mission of serving a diverse and global audience, we value a diverse workforce and inclusive culture which reflects that. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, marital status, disability, and veteran status.
Our mission is to improve daily life in cities and public spaces.
We believe that by joining the digital and physical worlds we can help people get the most out of the cities around them. Our products live in public locations, where people engage with them every day.
We enrich people's everyday journeys by delivering connectivity, information, and content that elevate the urban experience.
Want to learn more about Intersection? Visit Intersection's website.
Jobs You May Like
The Linux Foundation, Remote
Senior Frontend Engineer
ChowNow, Los Angeles, CA
Applied Research Engineer
Snap Inc., Israel
Software Engineer, Pricing
Airbnb, San Francisco, United States
Staff Network Reliability Engineer
Box, Redwood City, CA
Senior Software Development Engineer
Magic Leap, Inc., Culver City, CA