Senior Engineering Manager, OMS
Intersection, New York
Using digital technology to transform the physical world
Who are we?
At Intersection, we are at the forefront of the smart cities revolution. Our mission is to improve daily life in cities and public spaces, with products that bridge the digital and physical worlds by delivering connectivity, information and content to enrich our everyday journeys and elevate the urban experience.
We pair our human-centered methodology with cutting-edge technology to design, develop, deliver, and maintain unique products and experiences in public space that deliver value to advertisers, cities, and consumers. Whether partnering with urban transit systems to revolutionize commuting and travel, with cities to transform how they connect with residents and visitors, or private developers to create unforgettable experiences in neighborhoods and districts, our solutions are scalable platforms on which our clients can build the future.
Intersection is backed by Alphabet through its urban technology company Sidewalk Labs.
What is the Role?
As a Senior Engineering Manager at Intersection, you will help build the next-generation order management system to manage all of Intersection’s advertising orders. The OMS will seamlessly connect Intersection’s digital inventory with both internal and external buyers. You will recruit and manage a new team to design, build, and operate this next-generation platform that will help enable Intersection’s customers integrate & automate the ad sales & delivery process. This platform will also open up new revenue opportunities and streamline internal workflow. You’ll be an integral part of efforts to shape, develop and manage our capabilities, implement and manage customer and product solutions, leveraging creative capabilities, data, and infrastructure across various owned and operated properties.
Within your first month:
- Learn and understand Intersection’s corporate, departmental and team goals
- Work with stakeholders and formulate a delivery plan for this high profile initiative.
- Work with the Product team to have a clear understanding of the product roadmap
- Collaborate with SysEng on setting up environments and CI/CD pipelines.
- Identify and incorporate tools needed for scalable API development.
Within your first three months:
- Gain a good understanding of the AdTech landscape and standards.
- Validate and revise project scope for alpha and beta releases.
- Ship an alpha release of the OMS APIs and get it operational with the pilot customer.
- Work collaboratively with other engineering teams and incorporate best practices.
Within your first six months:
- Work with product, design, and business partners and plan future enhancements for the order management platform (such as creative approvals and reserving inventory).
- Collaborate with the team on architectural choices.
- Develop a deep understanding of the business environment and strategy.
- Hire additional team members to drive the v1.0 release.
You're great for this role because:
- You have a BA/BS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Mathematics, Physics, or related fields
- You have experience building large-scale software systems and are well-versed in contract first development.
- You thrive at simplifying complicated business use cases.
- You have expertise in Python (Django / Flask)
- You have proven experience working in highly-engaged, high-performing teams
- You have a track record of building and operating successful products and platforms
- You have strong capabilities of observation, analysis, synthesis
- You are a strong communicator who communicates effectively across groups, locations and cultures, in-person and virtually.
- You are change-agent capable of building vision and alignment
Intersection is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Our mission is to improve daily life in cities and public spaces.
We believe that by joining the digital and physical worlds we can help people get the most out of the cities around them. Our products live in public locations, where people engage with them every day.
We enrich people's everyday journeys by delivering connectivity, information, and content that elevate the urban experience.
Be a Better Intersection Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at Intersection when you watch classes taught by their top employees.