Company and background
The average consumer spends 70% of their time outside of the home, and thanks to the rapid proliferation of digital displays in cities and venues around the world, Digital Out of Home is one of the fastest growing media channels. Place Exchange is the first and only true programmatic platform for Out of Home (OOH) and Place-Based media, connecting digital marketers to consumers in physical space. We partner with premium publishers across the U.S. (and soon around the world), offering unprecedented scale, brand safety, and bottom-line results for advertisers. Our proprietary and patent-pending technology enables our DSP partners to unify workflow, creatives, reporting, and attribution for OOH with the rest of the digital advertising ecosystem.
We are hiring a VP of Sales, to lead Place Exchange’s revenue team and drive performance against the growth targets for the business. This senior and highly visible role is central to the success of Place Exchange and reports in to the Chief Commercial Officer.
- Achieve Intersection’s programmatic revenue objectives by leading the revenue team (including the Sales Team and Account Managers) to drive ad sales
- Own senior relationships across entire portfolio of buy-side programmatic partners, including agency trading desks, DSPs, and direct brands, maintaining high visibility
- Educate demand partners and the broader ecosystem on Place Exchange’s programmatic value proposition to drive adoption and usage of our technology and demand for our inventory
- Actively migrate digital spend onto Place Exchange by selling new campaigns, driving renewals, ongoing account management, quarterly business reviews, and identification of strategic initiatives
- Work closely with our publisher partners to actively design and sell deals that meet the needs of our demand-side clients
- Attract, develop, and coach sellers to build a best-in-class sales team.
- Collaborate internally with the Product team to communicate client needs and help drive roadmap priorities
- Work closely with Marketing to develop messaging and supporting collateral to help drive sales
- 8+ years of sales experience in the programmatic media space (buy-side or sell-side)
- Extensive familiarity with the ad tech ecosystem, key players, and trends
- Experience working with demand side platforms (DSPs), programmatic trading desks, supply side platforms (SSP), ad servers, and data management platforms (DMPs)
- Wide-ranging and strong personal relationships with leading digital media agencies, programmatic platforms, and programmatic advertisers
- Experience leading a team in a high-growth environment.
- Self-motivated and entrepreneurial, with a willingness and comfort to work in a fast-paced and agile startup environment
- Proven track record of success driving revenue and new business development
- Strong oral and written communication skills to effectively present technical products to non-technical customers, and negotiate deals
- Collaborative, team-oriented working style
- Travel will be required
Our mission is to improve daily life in cities and public spaces.
We believe that by joining the digital and physical worlds we can help people get the most out of the cities around them. Our products live in public locations, where people engage with them every day.
We enrich people's everyday journeys by delivering connectivity, information, and content that elevate the urban experience.
Be a Better Intersection Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at Intersection when you watch classes taught by their top employees.