Lead Software Engineer
Intersection, New York
Using digital technology to transform the physical world
At Intersection, we are at the forefront of the smart cities revolution. Our mission is to improve daily life in cities and public spaces, with products that bridge the digital and physical worlds by delivering connectivity, information and content to enrich our everyday journeys and elevate the urban experience.
We pair our human-centered methodology with cutting-edge technology to design, develop, deliver, and maintain unique products and experiences in public space that deliver value to advertisers, cities, and consumers. Whether partnering with urban transit systems to revolutionize commuting and travel, with cities to transform how they connect with residents and visitors, or private developers to create unforgettable experiences in neighborhoods and districts, our solutions are scalable platforms on which our clients can build the future.
Intersection is backed by Alphabet through its urban technology company Sidewalk Labs.
As a Lead Software Engineer at Intersection, you will serve a key role in scaling Intersection’s Link product as we expand to new cities and grow our fleet of Link kiosks. Starting in NYC, Link has now expanded to London and Philadelphia with more cities to come soon. Reporting to the Director of Engineering, the Lead Software Engineer will make hands-on engineering contributions while ensuring that the team of engineers is executing in alignment with the overall vision by providing guidance and technical direction.
This role requires excellence as a full stack engineer and experience managing people and projects in an iterative development environment.
What you will accomplish:
- Lead architectural design and technical decision making for Link product software engineering teams
- Manage and improve reliability, stability, and scalability of the supporting systems
- Report on progress, obstacles, and technical risks to management and business stakeholders
- Contribute to new product feature definition for LinkNYC
What we expect:
- 7+ years of experience in an engineering driven product environment
- Strong programming skills, preferably with Java, Scala, Python, and/or Objective-C
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- Interest in simplifying large, complex systems
- Experience in systems engineering and API design
- Experience leading teams in an iterative development environment
- Experience testing infrastructure, hardware, and software
- Experience creating tools to automate tasks
- Experience implementing features for digital products and services
- An engineering or computer science degree, Master’s degree or higher preferred
About our Platform:
Intersection is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
At Intersection, we are at the forefront of the smart cities revolution. With award-winning products like Link, the largest and fastest free public Wi-Fi network in the world, Intersection connects the digital and physical worlds, enhancing people’s journeys through their cities and offering brands the opportunity to drive more relevant and engaging advertising, rooted in real-world location and physical context. Our mission is to improve daily life in cities and public spaces. We believe that by joining the digital and physical worlds we can help people get the most out of the cities around them. Our products live in public locations, where people engage with them every day, delivering connectivity, information, and content that elevate the urban experience. History Intersection was formed from the merger between Titan, the largest municipal out-of-home advertising company, and Control Group, a leader in technology and design innovation in physical spaces. Together, these companies created a unique and powerful combination of expertise in cities, media, technology, and design, with scale, experience, and resources to connect the digital and physical worlds as never before. The first product of that collaboration was LinkNYC—widely recognized as among the most successful smart city technologies on the planet. And we’re just getting started…
Want to learn more about Intersection? Visit Intersection's website.
Jobs You May Like
Yotpo, Tel Aviv-Yafo
Software Engineer - Front-End
Workfront, Lehi, Utah, US
Ebike System Quality Engineer
Specialized, Morgan Hill
Venmo, New York, NY
Senior Software Engineer - Backend
LiveRamp, San Francisco, CA
Software Engineer Intern (Summer and Fall)
Endurance International Group, Burlington, MA