Senior Test Engineer
Intersection, New York
Using digital technology to transform the physical world
At Intersection, we are at the forefront of the smart cities revolution. Our mission is to improve daily life in cities and public spaces, with products that bridge the digital and physical worlds by delivering connectivity, information and content to enrich our everyday journeys and elevate the urban experience.
We pair our human-centered methodology with cutting-edge technology to design, develop, deliver, and maintain unique products and experiences in public space that deliver value to advertisers, cities, and consumers. Whether partnering with urban transit systems to revolutionize commuting and travel, with cities to transform how they connect with residents and visitors, or private developers to create unforgettable experiences in neighborhoods and districts, our solutions are scalable platforms on which our clients can build the future.
Intersection is backed by Alphabet through its urban technology company Sidewalk Labs.
As a Senior Test Engineer at Intersection, you will join a new group focused on advancing our Digital Advertising stack. As a member of our engineering team, you will work with team members from across the organization to design, build, and operate a next-generation platform for out-of-home advertising. You’ll be an integral part of efforts to shape, develop and manage our capabilities, implement and manage customer and product solutions, leveraging creative capabilities, data, and infrastructure across owned and operated properties including LinkNYC.
What you will accomplish:
- Implement automated test scripts based upon product specification documents
- Work within an Agile development methodology; participating in sprint planning meetings, stand-ups, and retrospectives
- Implement, execute, and capture results of test plans/test scripts/test cases
- Perform regression and integration testing
- Create automated approaches and scripts for testing tasks
- Integrate test cycles into development sprints effectively
- Participate in the development and implementation of reporting system to deliver test metrics/test reports
- Work closely with other Test Engineers, Developers, Designers and Product Owners
- Own the core exchange test plan and maintain complete coverage of regression tests, new feature tests, end-to-end tests
What we are looking for:
- Knowledge and experience with Linux, git, and bash scripting; Python experience a plus
- Understanding and passion for Usability and User Experience processes
- Experience with testing the cloud, distributed systems, REST APIs and single board computers
- Experience with debugging tools (e.g. Chrome tools)
- Knowledge of DevOps practices including CI/CD, infrastructure-as-code
- Working knowledge of test methodology, techniques and approaches
- Flexibility and adaptability to changing priorities
Intersection is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
At Intersection, we are at the forefront of the smart cities revolution. With award-winning products like Link, the largest and fastest free public Wi-Fi network in the world, Intersection connects the digital and physical worlds, enhancing people’s journeys through their cities and offering brands the opportunity to drive more relevant and engaging advertising, rooted in real-world location and physical context. Our mission is to improve daily life in cities and public spaces. We believe that by joining the digital and physical worlds we can help people get the most out of the cities around them. Our products live in public locations, where people engage with them every day, delivering connectivity, information, and content that elevate the urban experience. History Intersection was formed from the merger between Titan, the largest municipal out-of-home advertising company, and Control Group, a leader in technology and design innovation in physical spaces. Together, these companies created a unique and powerful combination of expertise in cities, media, technology, and design, with scale, experience, and resources to connect the digital and physical worlds as never before. The first product of that collaboration was LinkNYC—widely recognized as among the most successful smart city technologies on the planet. And we’re just getting started…
Want to learn more about Intersection? Visit Intersection's website.
Jobs You May Like
Scribd, San Francisco headquarters
Web Quality Engineering Intern
App Annie, Beijing, China
Back-End Developer (PHP)
Lightspeed, Montreal, QC
Senior Back-End Engineer
Dataminr, New York
Technical Lead, Computer Vision Data Collection
Magic Leap, Inc., Plantation, FL
AMARO, São Paulo, Brazil