Software Engineer, Transit
Using digital technology to transform the physical world
Who are we?
At Intersection, we are at the forefront of the smart cities revolution. Our mission is to improve daily life in cities and public spaces, with products that bridge the digital and physical worlds by delivering connectivity, information and content to enrich our everyday journeys and elevate the urban experience.
We pair our human-centered methodology with cutting-edge technology to design, develop, deliver, and maintain unique products and experiences in public space that deliver value to advertisers, cities, and consumers. Whether partnering with urban transit systems to revolutionize commuting and travel, with cities to transform how they connect with residents and visitors, or private developers to create unforgettable experiences in neighborhoods and districts, our solutions are scalable platforms on which our clients can build the future.
Intersection is backed by Alphabet through its urban technology company Sidewalk Labs.
What is the role?
As a Software Engineer at Intersection, you will help build a platform focused on advancing transit experiences. You will work with team members from across the organization to design, build, and operate a next-generation platform that enables transit authorities to communicate with commuters and improve the rider experience by offering interactive solutions. You’ll be an integral part of efforts to shape, develop and manage our capabilities, implement and manage customer and product solutions, leveraging creative capabilities, data, and infrastructure across various owned and operated properties.
Your First 30 Days:
- Spend time with engineers and product getting up to speed on the current project
- Begin implementing small code improvements to familiarize yourself with our platform
- Have conversations with people across the engineering organization to build your understanding of Transit and related products
Your First 60 days:
- Work with the Engineering Manager and the rest of the engineers to refine the Transit engineering squad's practices and processes
- Develop significant new functionality for our back-end and/or front-end services
- Develop a deep understanding of the business environment and strategy
- Develop an understanding of the transit system environment
Your First 90 Days:
- Get involved with our hiring process to bring more engineers into our organization
- Participate in technical decisions for Transit
- Design and implement significant technical architecture improvements
- Collaborate to define the technical needs for continued worldwide Transit expansion
You are awesome for the role:
- You have 2+ years of full-stack software engineering experience
- You have strong experience with React and/or Python, or comparable languages and tools
- You have strong experience with RESTful APIs
- You care about building clear, maintainable code
- You are excellent at communicating and collaborating
- You care about automating and improving tasks
- You have a track record of building and operating successful products and platforms
- You care about improving customer experience for transit riders
Intersection is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Consistent with our mission of serving a diverse and global audience, we value a diverse workforce and inclusive culture which reflects that. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, marital status, disability, and veteran status.
Our mission is to improve daily life in cities and public spaces.
We believe that by joining the digital and physical worlds we can help people get the most out of the cities around them. Our products live in public locations, where people engage with them every day.
We enrich people's everyday journeys by delivering connectivity, information, and content that elevate the urban experience.
Be a Better Intersection Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at Intersection when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about Intersection? Visit Intersection's website.
Jobs You May Like
Ad Tech Engineer - Ads Squad