Senior Software Engineer, LinkNYC
Intersection, New York
Using digital technology to transform the physical world
Who are we?
At Intersection, we are at the forefront of the smart cities revolution. Our mission is to improve daily life in cities and public spaces, with products that bridge the digital and physical worlds by delivering connectivity, information and content to enrich our everyday journeys and elevate the urban experience.
We pair our human-centered methodology with groundbreaking technology to design, develop, deliver, and maintain unique products and experiences in public space that deliver value to advertisers, cities, and consumers. Whether partnering with urban transit systems to revolutionize commuting and travel, with cities to transform how they connect with residents and visitors, or private developers to craft unforgettable experiences in neighborhoods and districts, our solutions are scalable platforms on which our clients can build the future.
Intersection is backed by Alphabet through its urban technology company Sidewalk Labs.
What is the Role?
As a Senior Software Engineer, LinkNYC you will serve a key role in developing and supporting the tooling that empowers the LinkNYC engineering initiatives. You will work with team members from across the organization in order to develop and maintain the front-end and back-end platform that we use to monitor, manage and support our fleet of devices in the streets of NYC. You’ll be an integral part of our efforts to execute the vision of the LinkNYC project and deliver value to the people of NYC.
Within your first month:
- Spend time with the Engineering, Support and Community teams, getting up to speed on our current initiatives, goals and challenges
- Begin implementing features from our backlog and improving software quality to familiarize yourself with our platform
Within your first three months:
- Work with the Engineering Manager and the rest of the engineers to refine the Link Engineering team practices and processes
- Develop significant new functionality for our back-end and/or front-end services
- Develop a deep understanding of the business environment and strategy
- Develop an understanding of our system infrastructure
Within your first nine months:
- Participate in and lead technical decisions for the Link Engineering team
- Design and implement significant technical architecture improvements
- Design and implement significant continuous integration and deployment practices
You’re great for this role because:
- You have full-stack software engineering experience
- You have strong experience with React
- You have strong experience with a server-side language, such as Python, Go, Node.js, Java/Scala, etc
- You have strong experience with RESTful APIs
- You care about building clear, maintainable code
- You are excellent at communicating and collaborating, especially with folks who aren't engineers
- You care about continuous integration and delivery
- You have a track record of building and operating successful products and platforms
About our Platform: Intersection’s platform is an ever-evolving mix of custom sensors, data analytics, 3rd-party services and solutions, and software written using: Python, Go, Java (Android), React, Ansible, and AWS Services.
At Intersection we celebrate every voice that makes us unique and every perspective that makes us grow. It’s our shared responsibility to create an equitable environment where every employee contributes to the culture of the company. Our products and offerings impact cities across the world and it’s our goal to represent the diversity and differences that make cities special. We will be relentless in that pursuit, because together we are better. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, marital status, disability, and veteran status.
Our mission is to improve daily life in cities and public spaces.
We believe that by joining the digital and physical worlds we can help people get the most out of the cities around them. Our products live in public locations, where people engage with them every day.
We enrich people's everyday journeys by delivering connectivity, information, and content that elevate the urban experience.
Be a Better Intersection Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at Intersection when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about Intersection? Visit Intersection's website.
Transforming your leasing and asset management