Director of Total Rewards
Intersection, New York
Using digital technology to transform the physical world
At Intersection, we are at the forefront of the smart cities revolution. Our mission is to improve daily life in cities and public spaces, with products that bridge the digital and physical worlds by delivering connectivity, information and content to enrich our everyday journeys and elevate the urban experience.
We pair our human-centered methodology with cutting-edge technology to design, develop, deliver, and maintain unique products and experiences in public space that deliver value to advertisers, cities, and consumers. Whether partnering with urban transit systems to revolutionize commuting and travel, with cities to transform how they connect with residents and visitors, or private developers to create unforgettable experiences in neighborhoods and districts, our solutions are scalable platforms on which our clients can build the future.
Intersection is backed by Alphabet through its urban technology company Sidewalk Labs.
Reporting to the SVP, People Operations, you will work closely with our leadership team and People Operations group on the design, development, implementation, administration and communication of our Total Rewards programs including benefits, retirement, compensation, payroll and wellness.
What you will achieve:
- Own the total rewards strategy while managing a high-performance team to deliver results around employee satisfaction for compensation, benefits, and 401k administration
- Partner with our Finance organization to ensure compliance and the appropriate financial controls are in place across all offerings
- Ensure compliance with all federal, state and local provisions such as ERISA and the ACA. Keep current on federal, state, and local compensation, benefit, payroll laws and regulations for compliance purposes
- Participate and drive special projects to include Open Enrollment, Merit/Bonus Planning, HRIS Integration activities, End-of-year Audits, etc
- Benefits / Payroll
- Provide oversight to Payroll/Benefits team to continually analyze and improve current benefit and payroll process and procedures
- Provide direction on all aspects of payroll to ensure timely and accurate processing on a semi-monthly & weekly basis for 650+ US-based employees; conduct audits of the payroll processing cycle to include master payroll balancing, payroll tax reconciliations, and voluntary/involuntary deductions
- Own the relationship management for vendors, insurance carriers, consultancy firms, including RFPs, bidding and contract negotiations.
- Serve as the company’s HRIS subject matter expert (ADP Workforce Now) supporting the business and departments across the company with ad-hoc reporting and information, as well as providing white-glove customer service and communication to staff around payroll and benefit questions
- Interpret and enforce company policies and government regulations that affect payroll and benefits to ensure compliance with policies and procedures (i.e. HIPAA)
- 401k Planning
- Direct and oversee vendor management including the performance of the plans record keepers, trustees, insurers and consultants to ensure their compliance with plan provisions, contracts/agreements, and fee arrangements. Respond to inquiries and assist the retirement plans' vendors as needed. Assists in the review of proposals and contract negotiations with current/new vendors
- Assist in the preparation, communication and delivery of all materials to our Investment Committee and Compensation Committee
- Provide reporting, data, and other applicable audit support to Finance and auditors (internal/external) and manage the annual non-discrimination testing and financial plan statements
- Prepare and present pre-retirement and other benefits presentations as needed, while providing support to employees on difficult or complex questions and/or escalated problem-solving
- Provide guidance for Intersection’s Compensation Committee, working with finance and the Senior Compensation Manager to administer our compensation programs including base pay, variable pay, sales compensation, incentive plans, and equity management
- Directly and proactively support the Senior Compensation Manager with recommendations to plan revisions, market trends, business changes that are consistent with the Company’s objectives
What we'd like you to bring:
- 10+ years experience in compensation, benefits, 401k administration, benefits consulting, finance, or an equivalent field. 5+ years managing a team of compensation and benefits staff with demonstrated track record of successfully mentoring, leading, and retaining a highly productive team with a focus on best practices
- Proven experience creating and managing innovative, compelling compensation and total rewards programs in a fast-paced environment; skilled at interpreting business needs and making decisions based on emerging priorities
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to translate data and trends into key insights and recommendations; financial prowess and ability to build and manage budgets, models, etc.
- Proven ability to track, prioritize and drive to success multiple concurrent projects; demonstrated expertise as an executor, with strong operational background
- Demonstrated ability to lead and influence across multiple levels of an organization on key compensation and benefits topics; excels at openness and flexibility with internal clients, balanced with maintaining consistency in total rewards philosophies and practices
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including written and verbal communication skills
- Highest level of integrity and management of confidential information
- Current knowledge of related government rules and regulations, including the Employee Retirement Income Security Act (ERISA), FLSA, FMLA, ADA, COBRA, OSHA, Workers Compensation, and other applicable Labor and/or Tax laws and regulations
- B.A., B.S. degree in business, finance, human resources, or related field; MBA preferred
- CCP, CBP and CEBS preferred.
Intersection is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
At Intersection, we are at the forefront of the smart cities revolution. With award-winning products like Link, the largest and fastest free public Wi-Fi network in the world, Intersection connects the digital and physical worlds, enhancing people’s journeys through their cities and offering brands the opportunity to drive more relevant and engaging advertising, rooted in real-world location and physical context. Our mission is to improve daily life in cities and public spaces. We believe that by joining the digital and physical worlds we can help people get the most out of the cities around them. Our products live in public locations, where people engage with them every day, delivering connectivity, information, and content that elevate the urban experience. History Intersection was formed from the merger between Titan, the largest municipal out-of-home advertising company, and Control Group, a leader in technology and design innovation in physical spaces. Together, these companies created a unique and powerful combination of expertise in cities, media, technology, and design, with scale, experience, and resources to connect the digital and physical worlds as never before. The first product of that collaboration was LinkNYC—widely recognized as among the most successful smart city technologies on the planet. And we’re just getting started…
Want to learn more about Intersection? Visit Intersection's website.
Jobs You May Like
Director Business Development
Sila Nanotechnologies, Alameda, CA
Associate, Marketing Planning & Analysis - Japan
Netflix, Tokyo, Japan
metromile, Tempe, AZ
Account Executive, Mid-Market (DACH)
Kobalt Music Group, London