Company and Background
The average consumer spends 70% of their time outside of the home, and thanks to the rapid proliferation of digital displays in cities and venues around the world, Digital Out of Home is one of the fastest growing media channels. Place Exchange is the first and only true programmatic platform for Out of Home (OOH) and Place-Based media, connecting digital marketers to consumers in physical space. We partner with premium publishers across the U.S. (and soon around the world), offering unprecedented scale, brand safety, and bottom-line results for advertisers. Our patented technology enables our DSP partners to unify workflow, creatives, reporting, and attribution for OOH with the rest of the digital advertising ecosystem.
What is the Role?
Place Exchange is seeking a Sales Director who is energized by the opportunity to break new ground in establishing OOH as the next major channel for programmatic buyers and marketers. Experience working for a publisher selling to agencies and brands and DSPs is vital, as is a strong existing network. Being fearless when pitching ‘new’ and a passion for media, innovation and cities
This is a fast-paced, detail-oriented, and varied role that is perfect for you to delve deep into the emerging programmatic channel of OOH. You should have outstanding interpersonal and customer service skills, and the ability to thrive in a team environment.
- Achieve Place Exchange’s programmatic advertising revenue objectives by leading relationships with a portfolio of buy-side programmatic partners, including agency holding companies, as well as brands
- Educate partners on Place Exchange’s programmatic value proposition to drive adoption and usage of our technology and demand for our inventory
- Implement training and education efforts with buy-side programmatic partners
- Initiate and drive ongoing new revenue opportunities, conduct QBRs, and ensure Place Exchange maintains high visibility with partners
- Work with Marketing to develop messaging and supporting collateral for programmatic communications
- Deliver partner feedback to Place Exchange product and engineering teams for consideration in the roadmap
What You’ll Bring
- 5+ years of experience in the programmatic media space (buy-side or sell-side)
- Extensive familiarity with the ad tech ecosystem and key trends
- Experience working with demand side platforms (DSP), programmatic trading desks, supply side platforms (SSP), ad servers, and data management platforms (DMPs)
- Strong personal relationships with leading digital media agencies, programmatic platforms, and programmatic advertisers
- Self-motivated and entrepreneurial with a willingness and comfort to work in a fast-paced and agile ‘startup’ environment
- Proven track record of success driving revenue and new business development
- Strong oral and written communication skills to effectively present technical products to non-technical customers, and negotiate deals
- Collaborative, team-oriented working style
- Travel will be required
At Place Exchange we celebrate every voice that makes us unique and every perspective that makes us grow. It’s our shared responsibility to create an equitable environment where every employee contributes to the culture of the company. Our products and offerings impact cities across the world and it’s our goal to represent the diversity and differences that make cities special. We will be relentless in that pursuit, because together we are better. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, marital status, disability, and veteran status.
Our mission is to improve daily life in cities and public spaces.
We believe that by joining the digital and physical worlds we can help people get the most out of the cities around them. Our products live in public locations, where people engage with them every day.
We enrich people's everyday journeys by delivering connectivity, information, and content that elevate the urban experience.
Be a Better Intersection Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at Intersection when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about Intersection? Visit Intersection's website.
Lyft is your friend with a car, whenever you need one