Senior Account Executive
Using digital technology to transform the physical world
Who are we?
At Intersection, we are at the forefront of the smart cities revolution. Our mission is to improve daily life in cities and public spaces, with products that bridge the digital and physical worlds by delivering connectivity, information and content to enrich our everyday journeys and elevate the urban experience.
We pair our human-centered methodology with groundbreaking technology to design, develop, deliver, and maintain unique products and experiences in public space that deliver value to advertisers, cities, and consumers. Whether partnering with urban transit systems to revolutionize commuting and travel, with cities to transform how they connect with residents and visitors, or private developers to craft unforgettable experiences in neighborhoods and districts, our solutions are scalable platforms on which our clients can build the future.
Intersection is backed by Alphabet through its urban technology company Sidewalk Labs.
What is the Role?
As an SMB Sales Manager at Intersection, you will be in a player/coach role, simultaneously selling and managing the local sales channel and team to meet and exceed quarterly and annual revenue targets, as well as profit center growth targets. You should feel comfortable working in a competitive, high energy, fast-paced environment focused on driving results while building a strong culture focused on collaboration, learning and success. You should be an enthusiastic and hardworking self-starter, with the desire to succeed by continually meeting and exceeding the needs of your customers.
Within your first month, you will:
- Work closely with your manager for on-boarding and training
- Learn our media, systems and processes while starting to build relationships with your team
- Meet with Intersection’s internal teams to train cross-functionally with the people that support our sales efforts
- Learn each Account Executives book of business and start to make introductions to clients and agency partners
- Set weekly meeting cadence for sales meetings and weekly one-on-one’s
Within your first six months, you will:
- Implement effective local market sales strategies to maximize revenue across existing and new business opportunities to ensure target attainment for team
- Regularly attend at least six out of office client meetings per week with your Account Executives in addition to meetings pertaining to your own book of business
- Review pipeline, set sales strategy and ensure activity aligns with performance goals in weekly one-on-one meetings
- Review team performance, market strategies and HR related issues with your manager in weekly one on one meetings
- Collaborate with fellow sales managers around the country to implement best practices locally
- Build relationships with key client and agency partners in the market
Within your first year, you will:
- Be responsible for exceeding quarterly and annual revenue and profit center growth targets
- Be building a winning culture that is collaborative, inclusive, successful and fun for the entire office
- Implement and create a training curriculum and conduct on-going learning and development sessions for local sales team
- Liaise with executive level managers, transit authority partners, clients, agencies, and local community officials
You’re great for this role because:
- You have a track record of consistently exceeding sales revenue targets in a fast-paced, goal-oriented environment
- You are a proven leader that can inspire, develop and grow a sales team
- You have an existing network of professional relationships within the Austin, TX area and media community
- You are able to travel throughout the region on sales calls
- You have outstanding presentation and verbal skills, and excellent written communication
- You are exceptionally organized
- You have a positive and professional attitude with the ability to work collaboratively in a team environment
- You are an excellent problem solver and decision-maker
- Out-of-Home Sales experience is strongly preferred
- You have a BS/BA degree
At Intersection we celebrate every voice that makes us unique and every perspective that makes us grow. It’s our shared responsibility to create an equitable environment where every employee contributes to the culture of the company. Our products and offerings impact cities across the world and it’s our goal to represent the diversity and differences that make cities special. We will be relentless in that pursuit, because together we are better. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, marital status, disability, and veteran status.
Our mission is to improve daily life in cities and public spaces.
We believe that by joining the digital and physical worlds we can help people get the most out of the cities around them. Our products live in public locations, where people engage with them every day.
We enrich people's everyday journeys by delivering connectivity, information, and content that elevate the urban experience.
Be a Better Intersection Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at Intersection when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about Intersection? Visit Intersection's website.
Lyft is your friend with a car, whenever you need one