Director, Media Data Solutions
Intersection, New York
Using digital technology to transform the physical world
Director, Media Data Solutions
Who are we?
At Intersection, we are at the forefront of the smart cities revolution. Our mission is to improve daily life in cities and public spaces, with products that bridge the digital and physical worlds by delivering connectivity, information advertising, and content to enrich our everyday journeys and elevate the urban experience.
We pair our human-centered methodology with groundbreaking technology to design, develop, deliver, and maintain unique products and experiences in public space that deliver value to advertisers, cities, and consumers. Whether partnering with urban transit systems to revolutionize commuting and travel, with cities and communities to transform how they connect with residents and visitors, or brands to leverage data in targeting audiences and measuring impact, , our solutions are scalable platforms on which our clients can build the future.
What is the Role?
As the Director of Media Data Solutions, you will be responsible for creating and managing a set of industry leading solutions to measure the effectiveness of the Out of Home ads running on Intersection’s products. We will look to you to support the sales team by identifying client measurement needs, KPIs, and appropriate solutions, leading client discussions around data and measurement, and designing research and measurement studies that demonstrate impact. We will also expect you to establish and manage partnerships with market-leading measurement and attribution companies to meet the evolving needs of our clients and create an industry- leading partner ecosystem. You will own those relationships, and work with those partners to drive new innovation and bring better solutions to our advertisers. We will also ask you to be a visible external evangelist, authoring white papers, case studies, and thought leadership pieces to reinforce Intersection’s industry leadership. Evidence of your success will manifest in the number of clients using our measurement solutions over time and the degree to which those solutions become embedded as part of our core offering.
Within your first month, you will:
- Learn our product set - both digital and static - across all our markets.
- Spend time with the Marketing, Sales, and Product teams to understand what measurement solutions we have today and how they stack up against advertiser needs.
- Research what our competitors are doing to see how our solutions compare and understand the implications of external trends for our business.
- Understand marketing KPIs for our advertising categories and how existing measurement partners can measure those metrics, including the data sources and methodologies they use.
Within your first three months, you will:
- Develop the landscape of existing and potential measurement and attribution partnerships that meet our current and potential needs.
- Vet existing and new partners to evaluate their offerings and fit against our needs, Understand whether solutions will work given the reach and scope of our campaigns.
- Based on that landscape and vetting process, develop and expand a list of IMT-approved measurement partners for high priority advertiser needs.
- Take over as the primary point of contact with our measurement vendors, overseeing the relationship, managing their output and ensuring quality control.
- Take the lead overseeing measurement studies yourself, working with our internal teams and external partners on pre-study requirements and design, mid-study changes when needed, and post-study vetting & presentation of results.
- Educate our internal teams on measurement offerings, including requirements and outputs.
- Start joining sales calls to help specify relevant solutions to advertisers.
- Identify potential product / integration needs for development for Intersection’s product and engineering team
Within your first year, you will:
- Become Intersection’s internally and externally recognized, go-to measurement and attribution expert across all our products and markets.
- Partner with the Product, Marketing, and Sales teams to prove the effectiveness of our advertising and meet marketer KPIs.
- Own the overall measurement and attribution strategy - managing a set of partnerships to deliver the right solutions that meet the needs of our clients.
- Finely hone our campaign measurement process, with standardized education materials, study requirements, process flows, and deliverables.
- Create new partnerships and influence product roadmap decisions that increase the effectiveness and availability of our measurement solutions to advertisers.
- Evangelize our data and measurement strategy to the product/engineering team, the marketing team, sellers, and the broader organization.
- Partner with internal teams to conduct ongoing training sessions to ensure our sellers and marketers are equipped with the most up to date knowledge.
- Develop and promote externally-facing thought leadership based on your work.
You’re great for this role because:
- You have at least 5 years of experience working in data and research oriented roles at an ad agency, consulting firm, or media company.
- You are externally focused and enjoy meeting with partners, assessing new technologies, and finding good ideas, even if they are not your own.
- You understand the measurement ecosystem and are able to tailor solutions to client needs. You also understand the ad-tech ecosystem and what is possible given technology and evolving privacy regulations.
- You have strong analytical skills and can evaluate a partner’s data quality, measurement methodology, and outputs. You may not be cranking the data for every study yourself, but you could if you had to, and know the right questions to ask to vet data quality, test vs. control methodology, statistical significance, etc.
- You are comfortable presenting in front of clients and supporting sales calls.
- You have strong communication skills and an ability to examine, synthesize, and present data to various stakeholders (customers and partners). You can effectively articulate a unique value proposition that resonates with customer needs.
- You are excellent at collaborating across functions, including sales, marketing, product, engineering, and legal.
- You are an entrepreneurial self starter, comfortable with ambiguity, and focused on getting the job done.
At Intersection we celebrate every voice that makes us unique and every perspective that makes us grow. It’s our shared responsibility to create an equitable environment where every employee contributes to the culture of the company. Our products and offerings impact cities across the world and it’s our goal to represent the diversity and differences that make cities special. We will be relentless in that pursuit, because together we are better. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, marital status, disability, and veteran status.
Our mission is to improve daily life in cities and public spaces.
We believe that by joining the digital and physical worlds we can help people get the most out of the cities around them. Our products live in public locations, where people engage with them every day.
We enrich people's everyday journeys by delivering connectivity, information, and content that elevate the urban experience.
Be a Better Intersection Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at Intersection when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about Intersection? Visit Intersection's website.
File hosting service