Associate Marketing Manager
Intersection, Portland, OR
Using digital technology to transform the physical world
Who we are:
At Intersection, we are at the forefront of the smart cities revolution. Our mission is to improve daily life in cities and public spaces, with products that bridge the digital and physical worlds by delivering connectivity, information and content to enrich our everyday journeys and elevate the urban experience.
We pair our human-centered methodology with groundbreaking technology to design, develop, deliver, and maintain unique products and experiences in public space that deliver value to advertisers, cities, and consumers. Whether partnering with urban transit systems to revolutionize commuting and travel, with cities to transform how they connect with residents and visitors, or private developers to craft unforgettable experiences in neighborhoods and districts, our solutions are scalable platforms on which our clients can build the future.
Intersection is backed by Alphabet through its urban technology company Sidewalk Labs.
What is the role?
As an Associate Marketing Manager, you will help shape the way we present our products and position our presence to internal and external audiences. You will work directly with the Regional Marketing Director and SVP, Marketing and play a role in developing and improving marketing strategy to drive results and enable efficient processes. In this role, you will lead cross-functional efforts across sales and visual design. This position is located in our Portland office.
In the first three months, you will:
- Serve as point person for media RFPs, offering strategic and creative insights as well as day-to-day project management to meet deliverables
- Lead creation of sales and marketing materials, special offers, and collateral on a national and local basis
- Craft compelling visual concepts alongside the Design team to bring creative concepts to life for prospective and existing clients
- Directly manage the in-market Photographer
- Work closely with Regional Marketing Director & others to collaborate on major projects
Within the first year, you will:
- Work with Sales Manager to align marketing strategy with sales objectives, working with sales teams to ensure marketing tactics are contributing to overall revenue target success
- Work closely with Marketing Managers across the company to share best practices and resources and collaborate on major projects
- Have a strong understanding of our products, customer needs and pain points
- Shape photography strategy with the photography team to demonstrate value to advertisers and clients, problem-solving to help this team meet photography deadlines and special projects
- Work cross-functionally to develop new advertising products, developing project plans from inception to launch
- Develop an analytical lens to monitor market health and proactively recommend ways to improve revenue performance
- Maintain an in-depth knowledge of competitive advantages against other media and competitors and position Intersection accordingly in all materials
You are awesome for this role because:
- You have 3-5+ years of relevant marketing experience
- You have a deep understanding of the Portland area and an intellectual curiosity in thinking about the city as an advertising audience
- You have broad marketing experience and skill set with a focus on results
- You are highly creative, with excellent writing, organization, and execution skills
- Of your passion for storytelling through the use of data and research
- Your record of getting things done, someone who will roll up their sleeves and plow through obstacles to meet deliverables and follow through on promises
- Media, startup, and/or tech industry experience a plus
- Marketing research, data analytics, and/or graphic design experience a plus
At Intersection we celebrate every voice that makes us unique and every perspective that makes us grow. It’s our shared responsibility to create an equitable environment where every employee contributes to the culture of the company. Our products and offerings impact cities across the world and it’s our goal to represent the diversity and differences that make cities special. We will be relentless in that pursuit, because together we are better. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, marital status, disability, and veteran status.
Our mission is to improve daily life in cities and public spaces.
We believe that by joining the digital and physical worlds we can help people get the most out of the cities around them. Our products live in public locations, where people engage with them every day.
We enrich people's everyday journeys by delivering connectivity, information, and content that elevate the urban experience.
Be a Better Intersection Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at Intersection when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about Intersection? Visit Intersection's website.
A monthly box of dog goodies