What is the Role?
The Procurement Analyst Is a key member of Intersection’s procurement team and will be tasked with interacting with business partners from across the Company’s various business lines, along with working with vendors and distributors to identify savings opportunities and purchase goods at the best possible cost while meeting the needs of the business.
This role will allow the Procurement Analyst to learn the different facets of the business and serve as a direct partner with the finance team and with internal stakeholders across the company. The ideal candidate will be a motivated self-starter who excels working in a fast-paced start-up environment. Moreover, the ideal candidate will offer thought leadership and exhibit significant maturity and independence.
The Procurement Analyst will report to the Procurement Director but will be intricately involved in the procurement process across all the Company’s various business lines. As such, the ideal candidate will have the ability to interact with a number of senior executives on a regular basis.
Within your first month, you will:
- Become acquainted with the team and the broader organization
- Establish a cadence of meetings with your manager and identify a preliminary set of goals
- Maintain purchasing records, including communications and source documents
- Contribute to weekly/monthly procurement reporting of KPI’s
Within your first two months, you will:
- Become a lead business partner for subset of departments
- Issue purchase orders and manage vendor issues for subset of departments
- Take lead on key procurement reporting
- Update company approved vendor list
- Expand your contributions to the team and begin to take ownership of projects/processes
Within your first three months, you will:
- Take over certain vendor relationship management efforts
- Support in creating automation of data presentation/visualization and continuous improvement of procurement dashboards and KPIs
- Take initiative on cost savings and efficiency improvement opportunities across the team and organization
Within your first year, you will:
- Be a fully integrated, highly functional member of the Procurement team
- Be relied upon by business partners across the organization for delivering key deliverables and input
- Be a source of spend and savings insights for the senior leadership team
You are great for this role, because you have:
- High attention to detail
- Strong data analysis skills
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- High proficiency with Excel/Google Sheets
- Interest and desire to uncover savings and recommend process improvements
- 2-3 years of experience as a purchasing professional, including capital procurement and associated accounting treatment
- Knowledge of procure-to-pay life cycle
- Proficiency in Microsoft GP Dynamics desired but not required
- Data visualization experience preferred (Tableau, Power BI, etc.)
- Bachelor’s degree and/or other industry certifications preferred
At Intersection we celebrate every voice that makes us unique and every perspective that makes us grow. It’s our shared responsibility to create an equitable environment where every employee contributes to the culture of the company. Our products and offerings impact cities across the world and it’s our goal to represent the diversity and differences that make cities special. We will be relentless in that pursuit, because together we are better. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, marital status, disability, veteran status and all other legally protected characteristics.
Our mission is to improve daily life in cities and public spaces.
We believe that by joining the digital and physical worlds we can help people get the most out of the cities around them. Our products live in public locations, where people engage with them every day.
We enrich people's everyday journeys by delivering connectivity, information, and content that elevate the urban experience.
Be a Better Intersection Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at Intersection when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about Intersection? Visit Intersection's website.
Software that predicts technology trends.