Who we are?
At Intersection, we are at the forefront of the smart cities revolution. Our mission is to improve daily life in cities and public spaces, with products that bridge the digital and physical worlds by delivering connectivity, information and content to enrich our everyday journeys and elevate the urban experience.
We pair our human-centered methodology with cutting-edge technology to design, develop, deliver, and maintain unique products and experiences in public space that deliver value to advertisers, cities, and consumers. Whether partnering with urban transit systems to revolutionize commuting and travel, with cities to transform how they connect with residents and visitors, or private developers to create unforgettable experiences in neighborhoods and districts, our solutions are scalable platforms on which our clients can build the future.
Intersection is backed by Alphabet through its urban technology company Sidewalk Labs.
What is the role?
As a Deployment Construction Project Manager you will be responsible for all coordination disciplines that projects involve. You will schedule, plan, forecast, resource and manage all the technical activities, aiming at ensuring project accuracy and quality from start to finish. Responsibilities also include coordination of field construction on fast paced, high profile projects involving multiple projects at once. You’ll ensure compliance with schedule, safety, cost, and quality decisions in conjunction with the Project Team.
In your first 30 days, you will:
- Assist in various stages through the project life cycle, from planning to pre-construction, construction, and post-construction
- Maintain project schedules by monitoring progress; coordinating activities; resolving problems
- Manage workflow and assignments
- Maintain project database and data integrity
- Prepare project status reports by collecting, analyzing and summarizing information and trends, recommending actions
- Gain understanding the major commercial and deliverable terms of the construction contracts and manage within these terms
In your first 60 days, you will:
- Coordinate field activities, assist with issue resolution or escalation with the contractor and stakeholders
- Drive for compliance with the schedule, scope, and budget, and monitor and enforce compliance with safety and contract requirements
- Provide high-level interactions across various functional groups and understand the deployment process
- Coordinate field activities, assist with issue resolution or escalation
- Gain the ability to make on-site constructibility design decisions
- Monitor and report on construction productivity and schedule performance
- Oversee the project close out process including developing the punch list; responsible for completion of the punch list, and all closeout documentation
- Monitor all extra work authorization requests, change order process and payment requests
- Monitor the budget, oversee and document all aspects of the project
- Support metric development and reporting
- Adhere to Safety, Quality, Ethical Standards, Lessons Learned, and Performance Management programs in accordance with Division Policies, Standards, Guides, and Contractual commitments
In your first year, you will:
- Execute multiple projects and planning in support of long-term scalability
- Oversee multiple general contractors in managing and coordinating all on-site construction activities for multiple sites with focus in Philadelphia and other markets as needed from conception to completion
- Operate across internal teams and external organizations to ready and implement operations processes and projects.
- Lead process improvements that result in continuous efficiency and efficacy gains throughout deployment and operations in projects
- Be exceptional at adapting to changes in a fast paced environment
You are great for this role, because:
- You hold a BA/ BS degree, PMP or equivalent practical experience
- You have 5+ years of construction management, project coordination, project management or similar experience in equivalent discipline
- You have a construction, telecom, utility or OOH digital infrastructure experience with knowledge of basic underground civil (trenching and small conduit installation) and structural (sidewalk foundations) which is performed in busy urban streets
- You have Salesforce or similar ERP workflow database management experience
- You have keen multitasking ability (prioritize, organize, and schedule work) and problem-solver (identify, analyze, research, evaluate and resolve)
- Strong communication skills (written, verbal and stakeholders management)
- You have strong knowledge of project management principles, practices, techniques and, tools
- You have a strong sense of urgency, plans ahead to prevent problems and quick to resolve any emerging ones
- Calm under pressure–regardless of how challenging a circumstance
- You are sharp-witted & discerning, and exhibit strong analytical ability. You quickly “see through” a situation to its core
- You are an open, thoughtful and direct communicator
- You are efficient, organized, and have a proven track record to “get things done”
- You have general knowledge of labor and electrical unions
- You possess leadership ability (team building, coaching, mentoring, change management, advising)
Intersection is an Equal Opportunity Employer
At Intersection we celebrate every voice that makes us unique and every perspective that makes us grow. It’s our shared responsibility to create an equitable environment where every employee contributes to the culture of the company. Our products and offerings impact cities across the world and it’s our goal to represent the diversity and differences that make cities special. We will be relentless in that pursuit, because together we are better. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, marital status, disability, veteran status and all other legally protected characteristics.
Our mission is to improve daily life in cities and public spaces.
We believe that by joining the digital and physical worlds we can help people get the most out of the cities around them. Our products live in public locations, where people engage with them every day.
We enrich people's everyday journeys by delivering connectivity, information, and content that elevate the urban experience.
Be a Better Intersection Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at Intersection when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about Intersection? Visit Intersection's website.
German engineered blades and shaving cream online for a fair price