Intricately is the leading provider of data insights on cloud product usage, adoption, and spend. The platform delivers real-time intelligence to cloud vendors to prospect and prioritize opportunities, start better conversations with customers, deliver more wins, and help customer success teams identify issues before they become problems. Founded in 2014, Intricately is proudly backed by Counterpart Ventures, Bloomberg Beta, Singtel Innov8, and Susa Ventures.
Engineering at Intricately
Many companies talk about Big Data- we're actually living it! How would you model cloud/infrastructure spend for the Fortune 500? How would you collect this data? How would you track variations in this dataset? What's noise vs signal? What's the most efficient way to query 30mm+ Internet Gateways? How do you create a front-end to surface insights for customers so they can get the information they need and get on with their day? Intricately engineering is focused on solving these challenges every day. Got strong opinions on the topic? We'd love to hear them.
About the role
We are looking for a highly motivated, professional, and collaborative Data Engineer to join a new Data team we're building. If you are passionate about telling stories with data, building performant SQL queries, supporting business teams, and working in a fast-spaced startup environment - this could be the perfect opportunity for you.
In this role, you will become a subject matter expert on the Cloud, SaaS, and Infrastructure markets. You'll use our proprietary dataset of cloud product adoption, application traffic, and data center deployments to educate non-technical staff on how to best highlight our insights within these markets. You'll have ownership of our entire dataset and be responsible for building process and tools to ensure we have the right visibility and efforts underway to improve it. You'll also serve as a technical resource for our engineering teams when complicated SQL questions arise.
- Arm Sales, Customer Success, and Marketing with reporting, dashboard and data to help them achieve their objectives
- Build and maintain our data dashboard library to address customer use cases and markets of interest
- Own data quality and hygiene across the Intricately dataset
- Implement monitoring to understand how our data changes over time
- Document our data and best practices for accessing and using it
- Partner with and support the broader engineering team on various SQL challenges
What the Role Requires
- 4+ years experience in a similar SQL Database Development, Data Engineering, or Data Analytics role
- Exposure to and experience with marketing and business analytics
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Intelligent, motivated, and competitive, with a “roll-up-the-sleeves” and “get the job done” attitude
- Passionate about technology and able to explain technical concepts in ways that everyday people can understand
- Ability to thrive in a fast-moving, dynamic, environment and able to balance the strategic and detail layers
Comprehensive medical, dental and vision insurance, 401k with employer
match. Whatever computer and desk setup you want - let's get to work!
Intricately is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Diversity and inclusion are at the core of our team's culture. We're proud to welcome people with different backgrounds, perspectives, and experiences — join us and let's make something awesome together.