VP of Design, Studio
GOOD DESIGN IS GOOD FOR BUSINESS
InVision is the digital product design platform used to make the world’s best customer experiences. We provide design tools and educational resources for teams to navigate every stage of the product design process, from ideation to development. Today, more than 5 million people use InVision to create a repeatable and streamlined design workflow; rapidly design and prototype products before writing code, and collaborate across their entire organization. That includes 100% of the Fortune 100, and organizations like Airbnb, Amazon, HBO, Netflix, Slack, Starbucks and Uber, who are now able to design better products, faster.
Our team is in search of a VP of Design, Studio to help us change the way digital products are designed.
About the Team:
We are looking for a senior leader to lead design for InVision Studio. InVision Studio is a new product that we expect to be a core, high volume, high love InVision experience. This role oversees a small, global team of designers today — in partnership with the entire Studio Engineering/Product/Design organization — and will grow in the future.
What you’ll do:
- Own the user experience of “the designer in flow” by articulating vision and strategy for InVision Studio while collaborating with multiple teams across the company.
- Provide insight, guidance, creative direction, and career mentorship to a global team of product designers.
- Lead discovery and exploration of new product initiatives within the company and collaborate across teams to ensure a seamless end-to-end user experience.
- Apply your deep understanding of user research to ensure that what gets built solves real user problems in a way that is delightful and scalable across cultures, platforms, and ability levels.
- Recruit, build, lead, grow, and retain a diverse and inclusive team of fantastic Product Designers & Leaders.
- Build out practices, rituals and culture within our Design organization.
What you’ll bring:
- 6+ years of experience leading multidisciplinary design teams at user-focused technology, media, or enterprise companies.
- Demonstrable success in creating. launching, scaling, and maintaining digital products.
- A passion for design and design tools.
- Excellent verbal, written, and visual/presentational communication skills. Ability to speak the languages of business and design simultaneously and to mixed audiences.
- A proven track record of hiring diverse teams, developing talent, and leading with positivity and inspiration.
- A focus on quantitative and qualitative user research to complement your keen design instincts.
What you’ll get:
- Shape the next generation of digital design tools.Make a unique impact on the lives of millions of people by virtue of the thousands of products being created with InVision tools.
- Work from home (or from one of our many co-working spaces) with quarterly travel for in-person collaboration with your teams and peers across Design, Product Management and Engineering.
- Be part of a company that is design-driven up, down, and across every single department. There are no fights about the importance of design at InVision… it’s why we exist.
- Work closely with designers, product managers, engineering, and leadership in a highly collaborative environment.
- Learn from a diverse and inclusive international team. Find mentors and get support on your professional growth.
- Have we already mentioned you can work from wherever in the world you want?
InVision offers an incredibly unique work environment. The company employs a diverse team all over the world. Each InVision team member is given the freedom and tools to do their best work from wherever they choose.
The benefits we offer in the United States and Canada include competitive health plans and retirement plans. Some InVision-wide benefits offered to all employees across the globe include a flexible vacation policy, monthly coffee shop stipends, annual allowances for books related to your profession, and home office setup & wellness reimbursements. InVision is an international employer so some benefit offerings will vary from country to country.
InVision is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
The Digital Product design platform powering the world’s best user experiences We believe the screen is the most important place in the world. That’s why we are dedicated to helping you deliver the best possible digital product experience, with our platform and best practices from your peers. With intuitive tools for ideation, design, prototyping, and design management, the InVision platform gives you everything you need for digital product design, all in one place. It’s what more than 3 million people—at tens of thousands of companies, including eighty percent of the Fortune 100, and brands like Airbnb, Amazon, HBO, Netflix, Nike, Slack, Starbucks and Uber—use to make products you love. InVision is a fully distributed company with employees in more than 20 countries around the world. Together, we’re on a mission to help you make every digital experience magically better.