Lead Front End Engineer - Web Prototyping
GOOD DESIGN IS GOOD FOR BUSINESS
InVision is the digital product design platform used to make the world’s best customer experiences. We provide design tools and educational resources for teams to navigate every stage of the product design process, from ideation to development. Today, more than 5 million people use InVision to create a repeatable and streamlined design workflow; rapidly design and prototype products before writing code, and collaborate across their entire organization. That includes 100% of the Fortune 100, and organizations like Airbnb, Amazon, HBO, Netflix, Slack, Starbucks and Uber, who are now able to design better products, faster.
Our team is in search of a Lead Front End Engineer - Web Prototyping to help us change the way digital products are designed.
About the Team:
You'll be working on one of the most critical products in InVision's universe; Craft and Web Prototyping. This team focuses on delivering best in class experiences to our customers whiles solving tough challenges like performance and scalability. You'll be part of a small team that implements front-end user experiences and designs, client-side logic, unit, integration, and functional tests, and deploys to production multiple times a week. Watch this video to learn in a bit more detail what you will be working on: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1H7Ql9hmbuM
What you’ll do:
- Build and own operational excellence of robust front-end services that must be performant under load, scalable, and handle large sets of data
- Mentor and technically lead other developers on the team and act as a point of contact for cross team initiatives
- Create system documentation/play book(s) and serve as a lead technical reviewer and contributor in requirements, design and code reviews
- Refactor code on an ongoing basis to improve developer efficiency, architecture, and quality
- Work closely with product managers and designers to design and develop the product's functionality, look, and feel
What you’ll bring:
- Multiple years of front-end experience working on teams designing, building, and debugging high volume, scalable SaaS applications from end-to-end
- Multiple years of experience mentoring and leading less experienced engineers
- Use of continuous integration and delivery technologies at an expert level; you also have the ability and interest to teach others best practices
- Curiosity to iterate and improve on solutions; you view unknowns as challenges and enjoy them
- Motivation to understand the business, our users, their requirements, and to deliver results
- Passion for continued learning and a track record of picking up new technologies and skills as you ship awesome code
InVision offers an incredibly unique work environment. The company employs a diverse team all over the world. Each InVision team member is given the freedom and tools to do their best work from wherever they choose.
The benefits we offer in the United States and Canada include competitive health plans and retirement plans. Some InVision-wide benefits offered to all employees across the globe include a flexible vacation policy, monthly coffee shop stipends, annual allowances for books related to your profession, and home office setup & wellness reimbursements. InVision is an international employer so some benefit offerings will vary from country to country.
InVision is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
The Digital Product design platform powering the world’s best user experiences We believe the screen is the most important place in the world. That’s why we are dedicated to helping you deliver the best possible digital product experience, with our platform and best practices from your peers. With intuitive tools for ideation, design, prototyping, and design management, the InVision platform gives you everything you need for digital product design, all in one place. It’s what more than 3 million people—at tens of thousands of companies, including eighty percent of the Fortune 100, and brands like Airbnb, Amazon, HBO, Netflix, Nike, Slack, Starbucks and Uber—use to make products you love. InVision is a fully distributed company with employees in more than 20 countries around the world. Together, we’re on a mission to help you make every digital experience magically better.
Want to learn more about InVisionApp? Visit InVisionApp's website.
Jobs You May Like
Grindr, HQ - West Hollywood
Senior Engineer, DevOps
Indigo, Boston, MA
Senior Software Engineer, Payments
Wish, San Francisco, California
Software Engineering Lead
Yext, Washington, D.C.
Sr. Technical Engagement Manager
Komodo Health, San Francisco
Senior Software Engineer - New York
Curalate, New York