Principal Software Engineer - Cloud Infrastructure
GOOD DESIGN IS GOOD FOR BUSINESS
InVision is the digital product design platform used to make the world’s best customer experiences. We provide design tools and educational resources for teams to navigate every stage of the product design process, from ideation to development. Today, more than 5 million people use InVision to create a repeatable and streamlined design workflow; rapidly design and prototype products before writing code, and collaborate across their entire organization. That includes 100% of the Fortune 100, and organizations like Airbnb, Amazon, HBO, Netflix, Slack, Starbucks and Uber, who are now able to design better products, faster.
Our team is in search of a Principal Engineer in our Cloud Infrastructure Engineering team to help us change the way digital products are designed.
About the Team:
Our Platform Engineering teams are responsible for infrastructure, operations, automation, and engineering tooling for our AWS and Kubernetes-based compute, data, and eventing infrastructure supporting all InVision Engineering teams. We are enablers and force multipliers. We build products that help our engineering customers better own and operate their own services. We constantly work to understand the business goals ahead of our engineering teams, lay the groundwork before they arrive, and enable them to painlessly ship awesome, reliable, performant, efficient, and secure products as quickly as possible.
We are seeking a hands-on Principal Engineer to lead technical direction across Platform Engineering. This highly influential and self-directed engineering role works to understand our business, customer, and engineering needs. By defining and driving the shape of our platform and infrastructure architecture, systems, and tooling, you’ll ensure we are meeting the 1-2 year needs of InVision’s product direction.
What you’ll do:
- Work with stakeholders from across the organization, from Engineers to Executives
- Understand business and engineering requirements and influence the Platform Engineering roadmap
- Lead the design and definition of a Platform technical architecture and plan to achieve it
- Mentor and grow the most senior engineers within our teams
- Participate in the curation of a culture of innovation where ideas are generated and executed
- Apply deep industry knowledge to ensure our organization is aiming correctly at the most critical problems, building for the future
- Drive operational and engineering excellence both within Platform and outward, leading other Principal Engineers across Engineering through influence
What you’ll bring:
- Expertise in distributed systems, microservices architectures, multi-region architectures, infrastructure tooling and automation, software development best practices, observability, and reliability engineering
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Self-direction and the ability to see and understand a large number of challenges, prioritizing them into a set of incrementally achievable goals
- Mentorship and leadership to engineering staff across Platform Engineering
- Bias towards action, absolute willingness to own the problem and drive towards a speedy solution; you won’t stop until the problem is solved with an effective solution
- Ability to dig in deeply when needed, and to raise back up to see and organize against a long view
- Hands on experience building systems and infrastructure solutions
- Leadership through influence, quickly building and keeping respect
- A servant leadership approach, defining direction while enabling teams
- Ability to thrive in a variable and demanding environment
InVision offers an incredibly unique work environment. The company employs a diverse team all over the world. Each InVision team member is given the freedom and tools to do their best work from wherever they choose.
The benefits we offer in the United States and Canada include competitive health plans and retirement plans. Some InVision-wide benefits offered to all employees across the globe include a flexible vacation policy, monthly coffee shop stipends, annual allowances for books related to your profession, and home office setup & wellness reimbursements. InVision is an international employer so some benefit offerings will vary from country to country.
InVision is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
The Digital Product design platform powering the world’s best user experiences We believe the screen is the most important place in the world. That’s why we are dedicated to helping you deliver the best possible digital product experience, with our platform and best practices from your peers. With intuitive tools for ideation, design, prototyping, and design management, the InVision platform gives you everything you need for digital product design, all in one place. It’s what more than 3 million people—at tens of thousands of companies, including eighty percent of the Fortune 100, and brands like Airbnb, Amazon, HBO, Netflix, Nike, Slack, Starbucks and Uber—use to make products you love. InVision is a fully distributed company with employees in more than 20 countries around the world. Together, we’re on a mission to help you make every digital experience magically better.
Want to learn more about InVisionApp? Visit InVisionApp's website.
Wholesale’s leading digital marketplace and data exchange