Engineering Manager - Redwood City
Invoice2go, Redwood City
Don't spend the weekend sending invoices
Location: Redwood City
Engineering Managers reports directly to the Director of Engineering and functions as the leader of a highly capable team of engineers. As part of the Invoice2go engineering team, Engineering Managers will be responsible for scaling the development team and environment – maintaining the development culture through that growth.
What You'll Be Doing
- Running the day-to-day management of the Engineering organisation with an emphasis on results, recruiting, and helping to mentor and develop software engineers
- Setting, evangelising, and enforcing our processes – both within the team and to the organisation at large
- In collaboration with the engineering team, setting the vision for the technology and architecture, including any shifts needed to stay current over the next decade
- Developing and delivering the technology roadmap and executing the product roadmap in collaboration with the engineering team
- Provide on-site coaching and problem solving to engineers across disciplines including mobile clients (iOS & Android), Server (Node, Ruby, C#), and infrastructure operations/devops.
- Provide informal day to day mentoring of engineers whose managers are in different offices
- Manage the infrastructure budget, understand resources available and utilize them effectively to support the department
Who We Are Looking For
- 6+ years in internet software development, touching all layers of development – database, server side, and front end
- 3+ years track record of successfully managing, recruiting, developing, & scaling world class engineering teams of 5+ people
- Demonstrated experience driving engineering efforts in a startup environment and providing hands-on management
- Experience with services oriented architecture, testing methodologies, and a zeal for automation at all levels
- Experience leading and scaling a cross-functional engineering team
- Compelling communicator with both tech & non-tech audiences, who inspires & motivates
- Prior work with AWS services or other cloud infrastructure platforms
Invoice2go is the world’s top selling invoicing app, but we haven’t stopped there. Equipping business owners with the most straightforward way to run a business, Invoice2go brings together all the tools needed to get the job done: From winning jobs, tracking estimates and payments, and offering the ability to pay any way.
We strive to give small businesses control over their time and their business.
Invoice2go was founded in Australia by Chris Strode, a small business owner who came from a family of tradespeople, and wanted to help them streamline their invoicing.
Today, we are backed by $60 million in funding from Accel, Ribbit Capital and OCV Partners, and trusted by business owners across 160 countries to send $24 billion in invoicing every year. The company employs a world-class team from it’s offices in Redwood City, California and Sydney, Australia.
We’re working hard to solve big challenges for the smallest of businesses, and we’re always looking for talented people to join our team!!
Invoice2go is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with applicable law, we prohibit discrimination against any applicant or employee based on any legally-recognized basis, including, but not limited to: veteran status, uniformed service member status, race, color, religion, sex, age (40 and over), pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetic information (including testing and characteristics) or any other consideration protected by federal, state or local law. Our commitment to equal opportunity employment applies to all persons involved in our operations and prohibits unlawful discrimination by any employee, including supervisors and co-workers.
About us Invoice2go was founded in 2002 by an Australian small business owner who was frustrated by the lack of simple invoicing solutions. Today, Invoice2go is the highest-grossing mobile invoicing app. Customers worldwide trust us to send billions of dollars in invoices each year. In 2014, Invoice2go received its first round of funding from Accel Partners and Ribbit Capital. Our team consists of veterans from Google, Evernote, OpenTable, and other notable tech companies. In 2015, we opened a new office in Redwood City, California and are looking for entrepreneurial, user-centric, and data-driven people to join our team during this period of rapid growth. The vision of the company and product makes for a compelling story, one we'd love to share, so feel free to reach out.
Want to learn more about Invoice2go? Visit Invoice2go's website.
Jobs You May Like
Senior Consultant I - Risk and Security - Remote
Optiv, Frisco TX, US
Software Development Engineer - Web
OfferUp, OfferUp HQ - Bellevue, WA
Director of Infrastructure Engineering
Fitbit, US - San Francisco
Software Engineer II
Senior Software Engineer, Fullstack
metromile, Boston, MA
Consultant, Professional Services - NYC
Looker, New York