Location: Redwood City, CA
Job Description -
At Invoice2go, we are helping small business owners succeed by making invoicing, estimating and job management effortless and intuitive.
About the role
Invoice2go is seeking a passionate, ambitious and collaborative Lead Product Designer to join a small design team with a proven record of shipping product. This role offers the opportunity to play a pivotal role in defining the experience for our iOS, Android and web products. As a Lead Product Designer at Invoice2go you will work closely with leadership and will be charged with influencing the design team and developing original solutions to large interesting challenges.
Strong candidates will have a proven track record of delivering elegant, impactful designs in a fast-paced, collaborative team environment, solving business goals and user needs.
- Lead the local design team in Redwood City while partnering with designers in Sydney, Australia.
- Works with product managers to define, design and implement projects.
- Partner with engineers to iterate on designs and deliver delightful experiences.
- Collaborates with your fellow product designers to ensure consistency and quality across the product.
- Develops wireframes, user flows and design documentation.
- Prototypes user flows, interactions and animations.
- Participates in user tests, synthesize findings, and validate your design choices.
- Communicates effectively with stakeholders when presenting your work and clearly articulate your design and product thinking.
- Demonstrates and articulates a strong understanding of information architecture, multi-step and cross-platform flows.
- Be a mentor to the other local designers.
- Consistently considers the holistic user experience, potential states (errors, successes, dead-ends).
- Leads the vision for their product area alongside their product and engineering counterparts.
- Influences and challenges the direction of the design team, it’s processes and tools.
- You will be the go-to, Lead Designer in the Redwood City office.
- 5+ years of experience
- Strong portfolio or examples of projects.
- Deep knowledge of design tools (e.g., Adobe Creative Suite, Sketch, InVision)
- Solid understanding of design principles including layout, typography, and space.
- Curiosity and creativity to test new ideas and innovate to improve business results
- Effective communicator, presenter, and eager to give and receive feedback.
Invoice2go is the world’s top selling invoicing app, but we haven’t stopped there. Equipping business owners with the most straightforward way to run a business, Invoice2go brings together all the tools needed to get the job done: From winning jobs, tracking estimates and payments, and offering the ability to pay any way.
We're on a mission to simplify the lives of small business owners around the world so they can focus on what matters most.
Invoice2go was founded in Australia by Chris Strode, a small business owner who came from a family of tradespeople, and wanted to help them streamline their invoicing.
Today, we are backed by $60 million in funding from Accel, Ribbit Capital and OCV Partners, and trusted by business owners across 160 countries to send $24 billion in invoicing every year. The company employs a world-class team from it’s offices in Redwood City, California and Sydney, Australia.
We’re working hard to solve big challenges for the smallest of businesses, and we’re always looking for talented people to join our team.
Invoice2go is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with applicable law, we prohibit discrimination against any applicant or employee based on any legally-recognized basis, including, but not limited to: veteran status, uniformed service member status, race, color, religion, sex, age (40 and over), pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetic information (including testing and characteristics) or any other consideration protected by federal, state or local law. Our commitment to equal opportunity employment applies to all persons involved in our operations and prohibits unlawful discrimination by any employee, including supervisors and co-workers.
About us Invoice2go was founded in 2002 by an Australian small business owner who was frustrated by the lack of simple invoicing solutions. Today, Invoice2go is the highest-grossing mobile invoicing app. Customers worldwide trust us to send billions of dollars in invoices each year. In 2014, Invoice2go received its first round of funding from Accel Partners and Ribbit Capital. Our team consists of veterans from Google, Evernote, OpenTable, and other notable tech companies. In 2015, we opened a new office in Redwood City, California and are looking for entrepreneurial, user-centric, and data-driven people to join our team during this period of rapid growth. The vision of the company and product makes for a compelling story, one we'd love to share, so feel free to reach out.
Want to learn more about Invoice2go? Visit Invoice2go's website.
Jobs You May Like
Senior Product Manager, Marketing Technology
Senior Product Manager, Fraud Prevention
Lead Product Manager, Magicverse
Magic Leap, Inc., Plantation, FL
Director, Data Architecture
Demandbase, Seattle, WA
Staff Software Engineer, Member Engagement
Meetup, New York
Senior Product Manager - Payments, Financial Solutions
Shopify, Montreal, Canada