The Head of Content position is an exciting new role on the brand marketing team, responsible for visioning, planning and producing branded content across multiple platforms.
Working closely with our internal and external creative teams, the Head of Content brings creative projects to life in educational articles and resources, case studies, video production, podcasts, photoshoots, influencer collaborations, and more.
As a candidate for this position, you should be detail-oriented, creative, deadline-driven, growth-minded and comfortable being a key player on a team as well as a leader managing independent projects. We’re looking for someone who has a natural intuition for compelling content, superb judgment, great people skills, and a love for the big and small details that make for excellent brand storytelling.
A strong candidate will have 6-10 years of experience in content development and/or production. An inclination to roll up your sleeves and solve problems—doing whatever is needed to get the job done—is essential.
- Own and execute on a brand content strategy across organic, paid, and social that drives higher awareness and engagement
- Contribute to content/campaign ideation and manage the overall content calendar
- Manage and maintain tracking of our content performance
- Work with a team of internal and external designers, writers, videographers and animators to ensure that all content is original, highly entertaining, produced to a high professional standard
- Manage day-to-day production, including tracking budgets and timelines, and flag any potential issues or changes
- Source and assess creative work from partners and collaborators, and work with them to support opportunities for cross promotion
- Build and maintain relationships with partners, freelancers, influencers and production companies
- Effectively manage and communicate multiple streams of information to the right stakeholders
Desired Skills and Experience
- 6-10 years of experience in original content development and/or production
- Experience working collaboratively with creative and editorial talent
- A knowledge of “what works” in content storytelling—but also an inclination to push boundaries and innovate
- Comfort and creativity with managing budgets and tracking multiple project schedules
- Superior writing, editing, presentation, storytelling skills
- Ability to work with remote teams, communicating mostly via email and phone
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Creative and resourceful self-starter, who can work both independently and collaboratively, and juggle multiple projects at one time. Top-notch organizational skills, attention to detail, and time-management
Who are we?
Invoice2go’s mission is to amplify the independent spirit of small businesses. We help the self-employed and small business owners run and grow their business their way. We empower our +200,000 users with straightforward tools that go far beyond creating professional-looking invoices and estimates. Our software enables users to easily manage appointments, track expenses, and offer digital payment options. We save them time, help them get paid faster, and ensure that tax season is a breeze.
Our world-class team in Silicon Valley and Sydney, Australia comprises alumni of companies like PayPal, Dropbox, Yahoo, McKinsey, Xero, Magento, Morgan Stanley, JP Morgan Chase, and Visa. We’re backed by Accel, Ribbit Capital, and OCV Partners.
We’re a global team and a giant ball of energy. We love work – and we love life even more. We celebrate achievements together and help each other through setbacks. We’re honest, open, and just – well – us.
We’re unequivocally obsessed with improving our customers’ lives and experiences. It’s at the core of everything we do.
We celebrate our differences and are committed to building a culture of inclusion and equality. Regardless of passion, background, or role, we want to provide the platform and support you need to feel joy in your work, every single day.
Invoice2go is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with applicable law, we prohibit discrimination against any applicant or employee based on any legally-recognized basis, including, but not limited to: veteran status, uniformed service member status, race, color, religion, sex, age (40 and over), pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetic information (including testing and characteristics) or any other consideration protected by federal, state or local law. Our commitment to equal opportunity employment applies to all persons involved in our operations and prohibits unlawful discrimination by any employee, including supervisors and co-workers.
About us Invoice2go was founded in 2002 by an Australian small business owner who was frustrated by the lack of simple invoicing solutions. Today, Invoice2go is the highest-grossing mobile invoicing app. Customers worldwide trust us to send billions of dollars in invoices each year. In 2014, Invoice2go received its first round of funding from Accel Partners and Ribbit Capital. Our team consists of veterans from Google, Evernote, OpenTable, and other notable tech companies. In 2015, we opened a new office in Redwood City, California and are looking for entrepreneurial, user-centric, and data-driven people to join our team during this period of rapid growth. The vision of the company and product makes for a compelling story, one we'd love to share, so feel free to reach out.
Want to learn more about Invoice2go? Visit Invoice2go's website.
Innovative, fast-paced, challenging.. we're everything you want in a workplace.