We are the right company for you, if you
- want to work on a product that matters to a lot of people – We receive hundreds of visits per second and host over 45M+ documents,
- consider yourself one of the best at what you do and you're looking for equally talented colleagues,
- are self-driven, curious and never stopped learning and exploring new languages, technologies and solutions,
- seek a culture where all voices matter when it comes to shaping the future of the product,
- want to work with colleagues who have ‘here to help’ attitude, and absolutely want to help you succeed.
We believe you can help us succeed by
- delivering results that create value for the end users, while we ensure a high-performance, high-availability, robust product that scale with our traffic,
- working across disciplines, and take a holistic, end-2-end approach to software development,
- being at the forefront of development practices, Agile, Continuous Delivery, Software as Service, Cloud-based, Docker,
- working equally well creating back-end and front-end solutions that can run in production at the scale of our traffic,
- solving problems from just about every area of computer science, including search, information retrieval, artificial intelligence, natural language processing, distributed computing, large-scale system design, networking, security, data compression, big data and so on.
We are looking for someone who has
- 5+ years of experience building iOS applications,
- 2+ successful commercial projects taken from inception to production,
- a Master’s degree in CS or equivalent,
- a demonstrated ability to deliver results in a fast paced environment,
- very good understanding of mobile domain, familiarity with backend systems, and backend infrastructure,
- high proficiency with Swift and excellent knowledge of iOS ecosystem, strong competence in building user interfaces,
- experience architecting and building robust, high-performance applications,
- knowledge in RESTFul APIs is highly advantageous,
- used to working with Design and Product teams,
- experience with VIPER-based mobile applications (a plus),
- experience with server-side languages (a plus),excellent communication skills in English.
Other things you should know are
- you will not only build up this new digital product but also ensure it’s live - this also includes the overall responsibility to ensure the product runs flawlessly, and is constantly improved,
- we're currently working on a new publication conversion engine - which enables publishers to create a mobile optimised version of their publication with ease,
- we currently use Swift, RxSwift, Cocoapods and Fastlane,
- we design our architecture for flexibility and ease to change, our backend architecture is microservice-oriented using AMQP,
- we deploy our backends multiple times a day on AWS and use Docker Swarm, MySQL, Redis, Node, etc.,
- we strive to be agile (Who doesn’t?), but we're not religious about Scrum, Kanban or any other methodology.
A truly modern media company, Issuu gives anyone with digitally bound content the ability to upload and distribute their publications worldwide. In just minutes. And as often as they’d like. Each day, more than 20,000 newly uploaded publications become instantly available to active readers around the world who use Issuu’s site and mobile apps to discover and engage with what they love, from magazines, newspapers and portfolios, to catalogs, DIY guides, community programs and more. Creators everywhere choose to publish on Issuu because they get what they need to grow, including collaboration tools, advanced analytics, and the ability to charge for publications. And their readers are rewarded with the absolute best reading experience possible — regardless of device or platform.
Want to learn more about Issuu? Visit Issuu's website.
Jobs You May Like
Senior Full Stack Engineer
Visa, Austin, US
Lead Engineer, Private Cloud Team (EMEA)
Blink Health, Westford, Massachusetts
Staff Software Engineer - Learning & Development Technology
Visa, Austin TX, US
Mobile Engineering Manager (London, UK)
Credit Karma, London, UK
Backend Platform Engineer
Lookout, Boston, MA