We are the right company for you, if you
- want to work on a product that matters to a lot of people – We receive hundreds of visits per second and host over 50M+ documents,
- consider yourself one of the best at what you do and you're looking for equally talented colleagues,
- are self-driven and would never just want to take the next ticket,
- are curious and never stopped learning and exploring new languages, technologies and solutions,
- seek a culture where all voices matter when it comes to shaping the future of the product,
- want to work with colleagues who have ‘here to help’ attitude, and absolutely want to help you succeed.
We believe you can help us succeed by
- joining a team of highly skilled web enthusiasts building web applications in an agile environment,
- building great responsive websites that ensure the best possible user experience on all platforms ranging from desktop, tablet over mobile web and native apps,
- building production systems that serves billions of pages every month,
- being excited about HTML5 features like SVG and being on the pulse of new developments in the browser technology field.
We are looking for someone who has
- a Master’s degree in CS or equivalent,
- a demonstrated ability to deliver results in a fast paced environment,
- strong competence in building user interfaces,
- experience architecting and building robust high-performance production web applications,
- used to working with Design and Product teams,
- experience with MVC-based web applications (a plus),
- experience with server-side languages like Python (a plus),
- excellent communications skills in English,
- opportunity to obtain a valid EU work permit.
Other things you should know are
- we're currently working on Issuu’s Story Cloud both on web and mobile apps, machine learning for better understanding of our content, internal analytics and our famous reading experience to mention a few examples,
- our architecture is microservice-oriented using AMQP,
- we deploy multiple times a day on AWS and use Docker Swarm, MySQL, Redis, Node, etc.,
- we strive to be agile (Who doesn’t?), but we're not religious about Scrum, Kanban or any other methodology.
A truly modern media company, Issuu gives anyone with digitally bound content the ability to upload and distribute their publications worldwide. In just minutes. And as often as they’d like. Each day, more than 20,000 newly uploaded publications become instantly available to active readers around the world who use Issuu’s site and mobile apps to discover and engage with what they love, from magazines, newspapers and portfolios, to catalogs, DIY guides, community programs and more. Creators everywhere choose to publish on Issuu because they get what they need to grow, including collaboration tools, advanced analytics, and the ability to charge for publications. And their readers are rewarded with the absolute best reading experience possible — regardless of device or platform.
Want to learn more about Issuu? Visit Issuu's website.
Jobs You May Like
Software Engineer - Content Distribution Platform
Quora, Mountain View, CA
Guidance, Navigation, and Control Engineer
Astranis, San Francisco, CA
Senior Software Engineer - Notebooks
Netflix, Los Gatos, California
Data Scientist - International Safety (Product Analytics)
DiDi Labs, Mountain View
Lead Technical Business Analyst
ThoughtWorks, San Francisco
Threat Intelligence and Response Engineer
Airbnb, San Francisco, United States