We are the right company for you, if you
- want to work on a product that matters to a lot of people – We receive hundreds of visits per second and host over 50M+ documents,
- consider yourself one of the best at what you do and you're looking for equally talented colleagues,
- are self-driven and would never just want to take the next ticket,
- are curious and never stopped learning and exploring new languages, technologies and solutions,
- seek a culture where all voices matter when it comes to shaping the future of the product,
- want to work with colleagues who have ‘here to help’ attitude, and absolutely want to help you succeed.
We believe you can help us succeed by
- delivering results that create value for the end users, while we ensure a high-performance, high-availability, robust product that scale with our traffic (10.000++ requests/second) and data-heavy platforms (100++ terabytes),
- working across disciplines, and take a holistic, end-2-end approach to software development,
- being at the forefront of development practices, Agile, Continuous Delivery, Software as Service, Cloud-based, Docker, React,
- working equally well creating back-end and front-end solutions that can run in production at the scale of our traffic,
- solving problems from just about every area of computer science, including search, information retrieval, artificial intelligence, natural language processing, distributed computing, large-scale system design, networking, security, data compression, big data and so on.
We are looking for someone who has
- a Master’s degree in CS or equivalent,
- experience with Functional Programming (e.g. OCaml, Erlang),
- has worked on 2+ large scale commercial projects taken from inception to production,
- experience with C/C++ or other low-level languages with manual memory management,
- experience with scalable microservice architecture,
- the ability to work on any system, from code running in the browser to big data analytics dealing with terabytes of data,
- excellent communications skills in English,
- the opportunity to obtain a valid EU work permit.
Other things you should know are
- we're currently working on Issuu’s Story Cloud both on web and mobile apps, machine learning for better understanding of our content, internal analytics and our famous reading experience to mention a few examples,
- our architecture is microservice-oriented using AMQP,
- we deploy multiple times a day on AWS and use Docker Swarm, MySQL, Redis, Node, etc.,
- we strive to be agile (who doesn’t?), but we're not religious about Scrum, Kanban or any other methodology.
A truly modern media company, Issuu gives anyone with digitally bound content the ability to upload and distribute their publications worldwide. In just minutes. And as often as they’d like. Each day, more than 20,000 newly uploaded publications become instantly available to active readers around the world who use Issuu’s site and mobile apps to discover and engage with what they love, from magazines, newspapers and portfolios, to catalogs, DIY guides, community programs and more. Creators everywhere choose to publish on Issuu because they get what they need to grow, including collaboration tools, advanced analytics, and the ability to charge for publications. And their readers are rewarded with the absolute best reading experience possible — regardless of device or platform.
Want to learn more about Issuu? Visit Issuu's website.
Reddit is an American social news aggregation, web content rating, and discussion website.